Sharing is caring!!
This teriyaki tofu is a quick and easy dish to have on busy weekdays and lazy weekends. Golden and crispy from the outside and perfectly soft and melt in the mouth from the inside, tofu bites are simmered in delicious sweet and spicy sauce. It tastes best with rice and a side of vegetables.
Why We Love This Teriyaki Tofu Recipe?
It's quick, simple, and comes together in under 30 minutes.
There are several variations to make this dish. You can air fry them, bake them, shallow fry them, or deep fry them. They will be delicious crispy bites anyways—an effortless and not very expensive way to add protein to your vegan diet.
This dish is so delicious. I love the combination of sweet and spicy. That provides a perfect balance of flavors.
Perfect for the meal plan. Make the marinade, prepare the tofu and side of vegetables. While cooking, start the rice first. Till the time rice gets cooked, teriyaki tofu can be prepared. Assemble everything and enjoy in less time then takeaway.
Ingredients required to make crispy tofu?
Extra-Firm Tofu- Using Extra-Firm Tofu is essential as it holds its shape. I like the texture and firmness the most.
Corn Starch-Any brand will work.
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt, Crushed Black Pepper
Oil for deep frying. You can bake or air fry them as well.
Ingredients Required to make Teriyaki sauce,
Red Chili Sauce
Brown sugar/Maple syrup
Red wine Vinegar
Sesame Oil(you can use any other oil too)
Scallion for garnish
What to serve with teriyaki tofu?
I love rice. So obviously, my answer would be that. However, you can opt for any rice of your choice. I love to eat basmati rice with everything. Jasmine rice is good too. You can undoubtedly use brown rice or broccoli(or any other vegetable of your choice)
Step By Step Process,
My Popular Tofu Recipes,
- 1 13 oz Extra firm Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- ⅓ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Oil for deep frying .
For Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- ½ Tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Tsp Grated Ginger
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar/Maple Sugar
- ½ Tsp Corn Starch
- ½ Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ½ Cup Scallion for garnish.
- Press the tofu between the thick layer of paper towel.
- Make bite -size cubes of tofu.
- Mix all the seasoning with cornstarch and toss the tofu cubes to coat them with the cornstarch mix.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok. Deep fry the tofu till they are golden and crispy.
- Remove all the oil from the wok. (after frying)
- Wipe the wok /pan with a paper towel.
- Heat the pan/wok. Add minced garlic and ginger .Stir them once.
- Add everything else written under the sauce to the pan except the scallion.
- Mixans stir until your sauce starts to thicken.
- Add tofu and make sure they are coated perfectly with the sauce.
- Garnish with scallion .
- Enjoy with hot rice and your choice of vegetables.