Air Fryer Crispy Tofu With Lemon. This easy tofu recipe needs just a few pantry staples.
Fresh, tangy, and with a little hint of spice, this tofu is the perfect snack or a side to have in a vegan bowl.
Additionally, this vegan and gluten-free recipe is prepared in under 20 minutes.
Why Air Fry Tofu ?
If you love crispy tofu and don't like to use tons of oil in your dish then air frying is the best option.
The air fryer makes them super crispy from the outside and soft from the inside.
You can certainly bake them for the less oily option but an air fryer is always more convenient and quick.
Air frying doesn't need any separate bowl or trays and it's technically mess-free.
Do You Need to Use Cornstarch for Crispy Tofu?
I have cooked tofu with or without corn starch and actually noticed not much of a difference. Recently my husband is avoiding carbs so I tried them without cornflour.
I just bloated them with a thick layer of paper towel, threw them in some marinade and air fried them.
With a little bit of increased time in the air fryer, they came out perfect. They were super crispy from the outside and perfectly soft on the inside.
So if you do not want to use corn starch, go ahead and use an air fryer.
However, I always advise everyone to use extra-firm tofu for air frying and curries. They hold their shape really well and turn crispy nicely.
How to Make Air Fryer Tofu-
This process is quite simple. Preheat the air fryer. I find preheating really helpful for things not sticking to the air fryer.
Season the tofu with your choice of spices and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook between 12 to 15 minutes. Turn them around once and they are done.
It's hassle-free and super easy. Try to check it out for yourself.
Do you want to try new tofu recipes? My family loves Mongolian Tofu Stir Fry. It is spicy and delicious with all the crunchy vegetables, which makes for an amazing dish to enjoy.
I have quite a few tofu recipes on my blog and by chance, if you are a tofu lover like me, please do check out these recipes:
Air Fryer Crispy Tofu With Lemon
- 13 Oz Extra Firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juice
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Paprika /Red Chili Powder
- ⅛ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- ⅛ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Wrap a block of extra firm tofu between layers of paper towel. The thickness of paper towel is necessary to have water absorbed from tofu.
- Cut the tofu according to the shape of your choice. Medium size pieces are good for crispy air frying.
- Mix all the seasoning with the olive oil.
- Coat tofu with spice marinade and preheat the air fryer at 360 f for 1 minute.
- Arrange tofu in one layer in the air fryer basket.
- Bake them for around 12-15 minutes depending on your choice of crispiness.
- Turn them around in between.
- Remove them from air fryer and serve them with a dip of your choice.