Crunchy green beans and fresh bell peppers with crispy tofu coated with a spicy garlicky sauce. This is the ultimate green beans & tofu stir fry.
It is the perfect umami flavor. Served over rice or just like that, this dish is the ultimate delicious stir fry.
If you like to create high protein and fiber-rich food, then this recipe is for you. In addition, this dish is vegan and gluten-free.
Green beans are loved by all of us in the family. So I always think of creating new easy dishes with beans as the main ingredient.
If you are a regular on my posts, you must know that I make tofu dishes quite regularly.
Tofu is a great source of vegan protein and combined with fresh green vegetables, this really becomes one nutritious bowl of food.
What Type of Tofu is Used?
I always use extra firm tofu in my stir-fries. They hold their shape well and their texture is better for stir-frying.
You can use them air fried, deep-fried, or shallow-fried. I like the texture of tofu as a little crispy on the outside but soft and tender on the inside.
What Type of Green Beans Are Required?
I have used fresh tender green beans, however, I don't see a reason why frozen ones should not work here.
You May Also Want to Check Out Other Asian Recipes of Mine-
Teriyaki Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry
Ingredients Required For Green Beans and Tofu Stir Fry-
Onion, garlic, ginger, fresh cillies, scallion
Soy sauce, schezwan red chili sauce, sesame oil
Oil, corn starch, sesame seeds, and salt are the rest of the ingredients.
How's the Taste of the Sauce Used?
I have used a moderately spicy schezwan sauce as the base of the sauce mix. However, if for some reason you are not able to get a hold of this, use sriracha sauce instead.
Sesame oil provides a wonderful aromatic depth to the sauce. Dark soy sauce is the perfect ingredient to pull off that umami flavor.
I love the flavor profile and trust me, you cannot go wrong with using a little bit of soy sauce in Asian cuisine.
How to Cook It-
Chop all the ingredients. Press the tofu with the folds of a paper towel or tofu press.
Whisk the sauce mix together to create a flavorful aromatic sauce.
Shallow fry or deep fry the tofu. I have kept the tofu slightly crisp from the outside and soft from the inside.
Stir fry the green beans first. Remove it onto a plate.
Heat a wok. Add all the aromatics to the heated oil and stir till caramelized. Mix in the sauce mix.
Cook till the sauce looks glossy and thick. Add green beans and tofu. Add sliced peppers and the rest of the scallion at this time.
Garnish with some sesame seeds and enjoy!!!
Green Beans & Tofu Stir Fry
- 13 Oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Cups Chopped Green Beans
- 1 Cup Sliced /chopped bell pepper
- 4 Cloves Chopped/Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped ginger
- 1 Tsp Chopped fresh Chilies
- 1 Cup Chopped Scallion
- 1 Small Sliced Red Onion
- Oil for frying tofu & sauteing green beans.
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce/Any Red Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp seasame Oil
- 1 Tsp Maple syrup or sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ Tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 Tsp Water
- 1 Tsp Corn starch
- Corn starch for coating the tofu till it gets crispy.
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds For Garnish
- Chop all the ingredients. Press the tofu with the folds of a paper towel or tofu press.Chop them into your desired size /shape.
- Whisk the sauce mix together to create a flavorful aromatic sauce.
- Shallow fry or deep fry the tofu. I have kept the tofu slightly crisp from the outside and soft from the inside.
- Heat the wok again.Stir fry the green beans first. Remove it onto a plate.
- Heat a oil in a wok. Add all the aromatics to the heated oil and stir till caramelized. Mix in the sauce mix.
- Cook till the sauce looks glossy and thick. Add green beans and tofu. Add sliced peppers and the rest of the scallion at this time.
- Garnish with some sesame seeds and enjoy!!!
Leave a Reply