Teriyaki Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry. A delicious and simple 20-minute meal. Colourful and crunchy vegetables with crispy tofu and luscious teriyaki sauce. In addition, this dish is absolutely crowd-pleasing and vegan.
A perfect recipe for busy weeknights or days, and for when you don't have much time to spare for cooking but still want to eat a healthy and nutritious meal.
This teriyaki vegetable stir fry is satisfying, filling, and super delicious. There are so many possibilities in this dish, and you can add or subtract any vegetables.
Choose your choice of protein and add some sweet, tangy, and spicy sauce mix to this vegetable medley. Within minutes, you will have a wonderful dish to relish with your choice of side.
What Ingredients Are Used?
Tofu- Using extra firm tofu is important for texture and crispy tofu. Silken tofu cannot hold its shape properly. Wrap the tofu in layers of paper towel or tofu press. It will release the water content.
Lightly dust the tofu with corn starch. Do not overdo it otherwise it will taste starchy. Air fry, bake, or shallow fry the tofu.
Vegetables- All the coloured vegetables like broccoli, coloured peppers, bok choy, green beans, and snap peas can be used in this recipe.
Mushroom and baby corn taste great in this recipe. You can choose your choice of vegetables and skip what you do not like.
Aromatics and Herbs- Onion, ginger, garlic, and Thai chillies are the perfect aromatics for Asian recipes.
Cilantro and scallions are the perfect garnish for this. I have used white sesame seeds for additional garnish as well.
Chopping and slicing up the vegetables is really important for expediting the cooking process. You can prepare them after washing and drying them.
Alternatively, you can buy prepared/chopped/sliced veggies from the superstore.
Can You Use Frozen Vegetables?
Absolutely. You can certainly use frozen vegetables. Use them just like normal veggies. Frozen vegetables release much more water while stir-frying.
Cook them a little more so that all the water dries up nicely and your veggies feel crunchy and delicious.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Other Tofu Recipes-
How to Make Crispy Tofu-
Making crispy tofu is simple, easy and doesn't involve much time. Follow this recipe to make crispy tofu. You can deep fry and bake them too.
Teriyaki Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 Cup Crispy tofu (Please check the link for making crispy tofu) c
- ½ Cup Sliced mushroom
- 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
- ½ Cup Chopped/Sliced Carrot
- ⅓ Cup Snap peas, remove the strings
- ⅓ Cup Green Beans, chopped(Blanch them first)
- 2 Pieces Baby Bok Choy, chop the base
- 1 Small Sliced Onion
- 4 Cloves Chopped/Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
- ½ Chopped Thai Chili (Optional)
- 4 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha/Any hot red chili sauce
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- Salt to taste (use very little. Since all the sauces contain salt. Personally, I do not like to use much salt.
- ½ Tsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Oil for cooking
- Take a big wok or pan. Heat oil in it.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, and Thai chillies to the wok. Saute till they look golden and release a lovely aroma.
- Drop all the vegetables one by one, depending on their cooking time.
- Saute them till they are cooked but still have a bite to them.
- Mix teriyaki sauce, sri racha sauce, and crushed pepper with corn flour.
- Add crispy tofu to the wok and mix with vegetables.
- Pour sauce mix over the vegetables and tofu. Stir them around and let them cook for a minute or two.
- When sauce comes to the thickness of your liking, switch off the flame.
- Taste the seasoning and if you need to add anything please do it now.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings like scallion, cilantro, or sesame seeds.
- Serve with a side of your choice.
Leave a Reply