Sharing is caring!!!
Crispy corn is a spicy, crisp, delicious fried snack of corn that is quite popular back home. Corn kernels are fried till crispy and then coated with a few spices. A drizzle of lime /lemon takes this dish to another level. The absolute barbecue inspires this appetizer /snack and is perfect for a game day, an after-school snack, or a party at home.
Can we make this healthy?
Absolutely. We can make this relatively healthy by changing the cooking method. Instead of frying air - fry the corn kernels, or bake them. It will be delicious but, of course, will be a little different in texture.
What type of corn we use?
I prefer canned sweet corn for this recipe; however, you can use frozen or fresh sweet corn. I suggest dipping frozen corn in hot water for 5 minutes to improve the texture. Sometimes frozen corn sold in India needs to boil for a few minutes. So check your package for cooking instructions before you start cooking.
What Ingredients are needed to make crispy corn(frying)?
All Purpose Flour
Crushed black pepper
For Cooking the Crispy Corn dish?
Green Bell Pepper
Fresh Cilantro For garnish
Red Chili Sauce
Lime juice for garnish
Red Chili Powder(optional)
Tips for making perfect Crispy Corn,
Coat the corn perfectly. That means we need to have a thick coating of the flour mixture. Without the thick layer, your corn won't be very crispy.
The oil must be hot. If your oil isn't hot, it will make corn oily and mushy. Do not fry a lot at one time. Do it in batches.
Fry corn very carefully. Corn tends to flutter when dropped in oil. So take extra precautions to protect your hands, face, and body.
You may want To check A few of my famous recipe
For fried Crispy Corn
- Sweet Corn
- Rice Flour
- All Purpose Flour
- Corn Starch
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Oil ,for deep frying the corn.
For COOKING the dish
- Onion chopped
- Green Chili,chopped fine
- Green Bell Pepper,chopped fine
- Soy Sauce
- Red Chili Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Lime Juice for garnish
- Red Chili Powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Place corn in a big bowl. Use paper towel to dry it off.It should be moist but not watery.
- Sprinkle all purpose flour ,corn starch,Rice flour ,crushed black pepper and salt.
- Mix everything together nicely.
- Place everything in big sieve to remove the excess flour.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan.
- Deep fry corn kernels in batches till they look golden.
- Be careful about corn kernels jumping and spluttering,Safeguard your hands and face.
- Take a plate lined with a paper towel. Place fried corn kernels on it.
- Now take a pan. Add oil to it. Heat ,and when its hot enough add onion ,green chilli ,garlic,and green bell pepper.
- Add soy sauce ,red chili sauce ,red chili powder (if using).
- Stir to mix it once.
- Add fried corn and mix everything together gently so that corn kernels don't break.
- Sprinkle some lime juice.Garnish with scallion and cilantro and enjpy.