Green Beans Mushroom Stirfry. Crunchy, tender green beans and meaty mushroom, a combo made in a skillet. Coated with a lusciously sweet and spicy sauce, this easy 20-minute dish is a lovely side to go with any meal or as a healthy plate as well.
This recipe is my favourite side go-to since it combines both my favourite vegetables. I love button mushrooms and tender fresh green beans.
Coated with sweet and spicy Asian sauce, this recipe tastes delicious with a portion of sticky jasmine rice or even basmati rice.
I have even tried this with sauteed garlic noodles and guess what? The taste was on point and I totally loved it.
Ingredients Needed for Green Beans Mushroom Stirfry-
Mushroom- I love button mushroom or baby Bella mushroom in this stir fry. However, shitaki mushroom will also work really well.
Button mushrooms and baby Bella are easily available in almost all grocery stores in the USA.
Green Beans- I like to use fresh tender green beans, however, if you want to save time in trimming the ends of the bean, you can use frozen ones.
Lots of garlic and ginger
Soy Sauce- dark soy sauce.
Rice Wine Vinegar
Red Pepper Flakes
How to Cook the Dish-
First, clean the mushroom and wash the green beans. Slice them in your preferred shape. Grate ginger and mince the garlic. Fresh ginger and garlic are loved by everyone, right?
Take a small bowl and whisk all the sauces and brown sugar together. Mix cornstarch and then it will look like a slurry.
Take a wok/pan, add oil to it. Heat it over the medium flame. Add minced/grated garlic and ginger.
Saute till it looks caramelized and then add mushroom and green beans to it. A little bit of salt and pepper seasoning is the trick here. Cover the pan or wok till you think green beans are cooked.
They will take a maximum of 1 minute. Remove the lid. Pour all the sauce over the vegetables and cook till the sauce looks thick and glossy.
Sprinkle some red pepper flakes and sesame seeds and serve them with a main, as a side, or just munch on them.
I am sure you will enjoy them as much as my family does.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Recipes-
Green Beans Mushroom Stirfry
- 4 Oz Button Mushroom, sliced
- ½ Lb Green Beans, trimmed and sliced long
- 4 Cloves Garlic,chopped
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil or oil of your choice.
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Water
- ½ Tsp Toasted Sesame oil
- ½ Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- ½ Tsp Cornstarch
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes(Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Take a bowl. Whisk soy sauce, water, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, corn starch and schezwan sauce together.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. When it's hot add chopped garlic to the pan and saute once.
- Add ginger and mix well. Saute on medium flame till it looks golden brown.
- Throw sliced mushrooms in the pan/wok and stir till looks caramelized.
- Add green beans to the same pan and mix that with mushroom. Cover and cook on medium flame till it looks nice and cooked to you.
- I like mine a little crunchy with a bite on them so covered it just for 1 minute.
- Pour all the sauce over green beans and mushrooms.
- Make sure they are coated properly with the sauce.
- The sauce will stick to vegetables to give them a nice color.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds just before serving.