Creamy, elegant, and super delicious, this vegan mushroom soup is easy to make and suits every occasion. This recipe should be in your weekly meal plan if you love mushrooms.
The intense flavor and pretty looks make this sophisticated soup perfect for all your special occasions.
You should try this vegan mushroom soup if you are craving something umami with amazing flavor in your taste buds. Every sip of this soup will take you to the taste heaven of mushrooms. It's lovely how this mushroom soup will be your next comfort meal.
Why Do We Love this Vegan Mushroom Soup?
It's fun to make and uses few ingredients.
If you are a mushroom lover, you will surely love the dominant taste of mushrooms.
Not much cooking time involved, but the end product looks really fantastic.
It can be made without coconut milk, cream, or any dairy.
This soup is so much better than the usually canned soups. The flavor profile, which comes after such a short time, is excellent. I love how it has that intense flavor or taste for a soup. Try it for yourself to see!
What Ingredients are Needed for this Soup?
Mushroom- I have used button mushrooms for this recipe. However, baby Bella or cremini mushrooms are also great options.
Garlic- The perfect flavoring agent for a good mushroom soup.
Onion- White or red onion will be perfect for this recipe. Onion caramelizes to give a wonderful-looking flavor and taste.
Olive Oil- I prefer olive oil, but oil without a flavoring agent will do.
Coconut Milk/Heavy Cream (For non-vegan alternative)
Salt and Crushed Black Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
I love this Hungarian mushroom soup as well:
- Dal Bukhara
- Vegan Udon Noodle Soup
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheese Poppers
- Vegan Thai Drunken Noodles(Pad Kee Mao)
- Vegetable Tortellini Soup
You May Also Want to Check Out A Few of My Popular Soup Recipes-
Vegan Mushroom Soup
- 16 Oz Button Mushroom/Cremini Mushroom
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic (You can reduce the quantity of garlic if you do not like garlic)
- Salt to taste (use very little)
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk/Half & Half for non vegan alternatives
- 3 Cup Veg Stock
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Take a dutch oven or large deep pot. Heat olive oil and when it's hot enough, add minced garlic and chopped onion.
- Saute them for 4-5 minutes and when they start to get transparent, add mushroom to them.
- Saute them properly to make them caramelize. Use a slow flame to do that.
- Add salt and crushed black pepper to it. After 5-6 minutes, you will feel that the mushrooms are looking soft and reduced in quantity.
- At this point in time, add veg stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce the flame, and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Use a hand blender to puree everything in the pot.
- Switch on the gas stove and add coconut milk or half & half to it.
- Let it simmer over a slow flame. You can always adjust the thickness of the soup. I like mine to be of medium consistency, not very thick or not very thin.
- Taste the soup. Add the seasoning if you think it's needed.
- If you want to add red pepper flakes, you can.
- You can always garnish with sauteed caramelized mushroom halves.
- Enjoy with your favorite slice of rustic bread or just by itself.
Sharing is caring!!! Dal Bukhara is an iconic dal dish from the kitchens of ITC BUKHARA in New Delhi. Black urad dal is simmered throughout the night on low flame to get that smooth velvety consistency. It's creamy, melts in the mouth, and is heavenly. One of the most famous north Indian dishes of all…
Sharing is caring!!! Vegan Udon Noodle Soup.Fragrant, comforting, and delicious with a hint of spice. This Vegan Udon Noodle Soup is one pot soup. It's filling, hearty and perfect for any time. If you love Asian flavors, this noodle soup should be in your weekly meal plan. How is the taste? This noodle soup is…
Sharing is caring!!! Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheese Poppers. Fresh jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese blend with a bit of garlic flavor and topped with panko bread crumbs. They are air fried for a few minutes to have delicious Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheese Poppers. Perfect finger food for any get-together, these air…