Sharing is Caring!!!!
This Korean vegetable pancake is a beautiful breakfast loaded with colorful, crunchy vegetables and packed with flavor. Serve this super easy and savory pancake for a leisurely Sunday brunch or rushed snack, and you will love it. Kid-approved and vegan, this Korean vegetable pancake is a delight to have.
Holidays call for family time, and we tend to cook more when everyone is around. This recipe is for you if you are looking for savory breakfast ideas. It's fast, easy, and quite filling.
This Korean vegetable pancake is loaded with several vegetables, and it is called Yachaejeon in Korean.
My popular Asian recipes,
Vegan Thai Drunken Noodles(Pad Kee Mao)
What is Yachaejeon?
Yache means vegetables, and Jeon is a general term for pancakes. There are several types of pancakes in Korea, but vegan or vegetable pancake is popular too.
These vegetable pancakes can be easily customized to your liking by adding or subtracting your choice of vegetables.
I have used all sorts of my favorite vegetables, like purple cabbage, carrots, red peppers, scallions, mushrooms, potatoes, and garlic, in this recipe. It's amazing how the flavor gets combined.
What Type of Dipping Sauce is Needed for this Pancake?
I always serve chili garlic oil or Szechuan sauce as the dipping sauce. However, based on your taste, it could be anything.
What is the Difference Between Chinese Scallion Pancake and Korean Pancake?
Chinese scallion pancake is quite different from the traditional pancake method. Here we knead a soft dough using hot water. Scallions are used after making the dough, and it's almost like a cinnamon roll kind of method.
However, for this Korean pancake, we make a rational batter like an all-purpose flour batter and then mix all the shredded vegetables. Cooking is the same as after heating the pan. We spread the batter and then cook on both sides till they get crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
What Ingredients are Needed for this Pancake?
Corn Starch- To give a nice crispy texture.
Or any vegetable of your choice!
You May Want To Check Some Other Asian Recipes,
Korean Vegetable Pancake
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Pinch Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper,crushed
- Black salt /Salt to taste
- 1-1.5 Cups Water
- ½ Cup Shreded Potato
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage
- ½ Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1 Chopped Green Chili Pepper
- 1 Bunch Chopped Scallion
- ½ Cup Sliced Onion(Optional)
- 4 Tbsp Oil of your choice
- ½ Cup Sliced mushroom
- ¼ Cup Sliced Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- Take a large bowl.Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients with water.Use a whisk to make a lump- free batter.Consistency will be pancake -like batter.
- Mix in the vegetables and coat them properly.
- Take a non- stick pan or a heavy cast iron pan .Its always easy to handle pancakes in a non stick pan.(for beginner cook)
- Heat 1 -1.5 tbsp oil into the pan(enough to cook a crispy pancake).
- Pour batter with a ladle and spread it around. Size depends on your choice.
- You can make it thick or thin.
- Cook till one side turns golden and crispy. Use medium flame for that.
- Turn it over and cook till another part also gets crispy. Make sure its cooked perfectly.
- Remove on a plate.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.
Leave a Reply