Easy Spicy Garlicky Ramen. This is a simple 20-minute recipe with comforting flavours and taste. Slurpy ramen noodles are served in a broth of garlic and chilli laden umami flavours. The ultimate soothing flavours of these soupy ramen noodles are vegan and gluten-free.
This Easy Spicy Garlicky Ramen is my go-to recipe for a lazy comforting dinner. These dry ramen noodles are often considered cheap and unhealthy. But believe me, after you try this recipe you will understand the flavour which you will be dealing with. Trust me it is anything but cheap or unhealthy.
Whenever I am under the weather I crave noodles and since ramen noodles are the easiest I make them quite often. I make them soupy, with lots of vegetables or sometimes just with a few sauces. It depends on my mood and my taste buds.
Ramen making and assembling can be really fun if you love playing with textures and colours. I experiment with different types of vegetables. Sometimes I love to make complex flavours but other times, a simple broth with bold flavours rule.
What Types of Vegetables and Sauce are Required for Ramen?
Though I like to use lots of vegetables in my easy, spicy, garlicky ramen, my all-time favourites are bok choy, red peppers and mushroom. I also love to use scallion, garlic, ginger with 2-3 types of sauces. The umami flavour of soy sauce combined with gochujang sauce and chilli garlic sauce makes this broth super amazing in taste. Garnishing with black or white sesame seeds adds texture.
You can always choose to work with your own ingredients and sauce combination for sure. They all work here and make it super delicious and awesome for everyone.
Here Are Some Tips for Making the Best Ramen.
Use lots of fresh ginger and garlic in the recipe. Without ginger and garlic, the soul of this easy spicy garlicky ramen is lost. You will love to bite into them.
I always make the broth separately. Let me tell you, however, tempted you are to cook ramen in the broth, do not do it. Cooking separately makes this dish perfect. The beauty of this dish lies in noodles swimming in thin umami broth. You cannot beat that.
I love to use baby Bella or shitake mushrooms in this recipe, however, you can use button mushroom or oyster mushrooms as well. I love how mushrooms transform the flavour profile.
Do not cook bok choy separately. I just dipped, washed, and dried bok choy directly into the ramen. The leaves melt in hot liquid and the roots provide a wonderful texture.
Suppose you do not have bok choy, you can replace it with any other green like kale or spinach. I love to use bok choy in Asian recipes.
You May Also Want To Check Out These Noodle Recipes-
Easy Spicy Garlicky Ramen .
- 2 3 Oz Ramen Noodles(without tastemaker)
- 1 Small Bok choy (slice into two halves)
- 4-5 Baby Bella /Button Mushrooms, chopped finely
- ½ Cup Red/yellow pepper, chopped finely
- 3 Big Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp Gochujang Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2+1 Tbsp Chilli garlic oil (keep 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- ½ Cup Scallion, chopped
- Salt, according to the taste
- Different toppings like tofu, edamame or broccoli
- 2 Slices Lime/Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 Cups Vegetable stck /Water
- Cook ramen according to the package instructions. Remove it into a plate or bowl. Sprinkle some oil to avoid sticking of noodles.
- Take a separate pan. Add one tbsp oil to it. Heat it.
- Add chopped garlic to it. Stir it for 30 seconds and add chopped ginger to it.
- Add chopped mushroom to it. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped red peppers to it and again saute for 30 seconds.
- Mix all the sauces and tomato puree together to form a lovely paste.
- Add this paste/mix to the pan.
- Saute for 1 minute. Add 3 cups of vegetable stock or water to it.
- Let it come to a boil then turn the flame down.
- Let it cook for two minutes.
- Taste the salt. If needed add just a little.
- Add chopped scallion to it. Leave 1 tbsp for garnish.
- Add bok choy to the broth and switch off the flame.
- Take two deep serving bowls.
- Divide equal quantity of broth into both the bowls.
- Place cooked ramen into both the bowls.
- Garnish with chilli garlic oil, bok choy, and green part of the scallion.
- Sprinkle some lime juice , sesame seeds and enjoy.