Mushroom Tikka Masala. This is a spicy, lip-smacking curry with all the amazing exotic flavours. Whole mushrooms are marinated with a wonderful spice marinade and oven grilled to perfection and simmered in a creamy gravy. In addition, this tastes wonderful with any bread or grain.
Do you love mushrooms? At our home, mushrooms are loved by all. Mostly we love to make grilled or baked mushrooms like Tandoori Mushroom Tikka or Mushroom Fried Rice. Sometimes, however, we love to experiment with rich mushroom flavours and for those days Mushroom Tikka Masala is just perfect.
It's rich, spicy, delicious and super easy. Most of the work is done in the oven but we can also expedite the process of cooking in the air fryer. Grilling and baking in an air fryer give this tandoori mushroom a distinct crunchy taste and texture. It's amazing how an air fryer takes much less time than a traditional oven. Feel free to use an oven, air fryer, or gas stove for making this dish.
How to Make Mushroom Tikka Masala-
Marinate the whole mushroom with all the spices and yoghurt for at least 30 minutes and then these mushrooms are grilled to perfection. You can use an air fryer or oven for this recipe. Then, these mushrooms are added to a rich and spicy curry.
What Can You Serve With This Dish?
However, you can have this with any type of bread or rice. It goes well anything or everything.
What Type of Mushroom is Used for This Recipe?
I like to use simple button mushrooms for this recipe, however, baby bella is also perfect for this recipe. Other mushroom varieties are quite strong in flavor hence not suitable for this recipe. You may try it but I will strongly suggest using button mushrooms. Try to choose almost same size mushrooms. I know it's difficult to get one size in a pack but it looks beautiful if they all look the same.
Mushroom Tikka Masala
- 16 Oz Mushroom
- ⅓ Cup Greek Yoghurt(Use vegan yoghurt or cashew paste for vegan alternative)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Tandoori Masala /Home Made Tikka Masala powder
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Making of home made tikka masala powder
- 3 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Black pepper corn
- 10-12 Kashmiri red chilli
- 2 green Cardamom
- 2 cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
For Tikka Masala Gravy
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom
- 4 Black Peppercorn
- 1 Onion ,medium size
- 1 Medium Tomato ,chopped
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Tsp Red chilli Powder(optional)
- ⅓ Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp Kasoori Methi
- ½ Cup Fresh Cream
- Salt ,according to the taste.
Making of home made tikka masala powder
- Dry roast everything except red chilli powder,dry mango powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix everything together and store in a air tight jar.
how to make marinade
- Mix everything need to make marinade and coat the mushroom nicely .
- Keep it aside on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes.
How to bake Grill mushroom in the oven
- Pre heat the oven to 400 f.
- Bake /grill the mushroom till they look perfect golden it will 20 minutes depending on size of your mushroom..
How to air fry the mushroom tikka
- pre heat air fryer to 400 f .
- Arrange all the mushroom in one layer .
- Air fry them on 400 f for 4 minute each side .Time can vary depending on your mushroom and their wwater content .
- Keep an eye on them .
How to make tikka masala curry
- Heat a pan ,Add oil to it ..
- Add all the whole spices to it Let them crackle..
- Add onion to it Saute it till it looks translucent ..
- Add ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add chopped tomato ,green chillies and turmeric powder to it .
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame .If you feel its sticking to the pan add one tbsp of water and scrape it.
- Add tomato puree to it .
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water to it .
- Add Grilled mushroom and all the spices to the pan.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.Add kasoori methi to it .
- Add cream to it .
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste it and if you need adjust the salt .
- Serve with roti or rice.