Vegan Thai Green Curry. A luscious creamy curry with fresh flavours, crunchy vegetables, and a spicy kick. Served with some jasmine rice, this vegan Thai green curry is as delicious as it sounds. Packed with a fragrant and addictive taste, this Thai curry is a super easy one-pot dish.
Our journey with Thai Green Curry actually began in Minneapolis, which was our home for quite a few years. Though before that, we had a few short encounters with Thai Curry and the reaction was always mixed. Sometimes it was good, and sometimes, it was okay-ish.
We fell in love with this Thai restaurant where we ended up on accident. We were totally in love with the flavour and freshness of the food there and I totally believe that our dislike for bottled curry paste developed there.
Why I love this Thai Green Curry?
It's definitely true that when you develop a taste for fresh herbs and spices in your food, you get addicted to it and that was the case with us. I don't know how many times we went to that restaurant and ordered the same thing.
The Thai Green Curry was lip-smacking delicious and undoubtedly the best Thai Green Curry we have ever tasted. The only thing close was a restaurant in Malaysia that also had great Thai Green Curry.
The problem started when we moved from Minneapolis. We were craving that food and it was not available, so that was the start of our homemade sauce saga.
How Did We Develop this Recipe From Scratch?
My husband researched, and we cooked, tasted, and tried several recipes, and after quite some time, we finally developed a recipe for a Thai Green Curry that had an amazing taste and was totally vegetarian.
It is one of the most loved recipes at my house and we love to eat this anytime. It's nostalgic and comforting. At the same time, it gives us confidence to create something that is our family recipe.
So here, I am going to share one of our most treasured recipes that is just amazing.
What is Thai Green Curry?
It's a famous Thai curry paste. It is made by combining a few herbs and spices. Lemongrass, Thai basil, green chillies, galangal, shallots and a few other ingredients are pureed to make a paste. This green curry paste is cooked with coconut milk and a few vegetables to make this vegan Thai green curry.
Can You Freeze This Thai Green Curry Paste?
Absolutely. I always make this paste in bulk and store it in small size containers. I store these containers in the freezer for 3 months. They make a quick dinner or lunch.
You May Want To Check these Thai Curries,
Vegan Thai Green Curry
Thai Green Paste
- 15-20 Thai Green Chilies
- 2 Tbsp Shallots
- 12-15 Garlic Pods
- 15 Thai Basil Leaves
- 2.5 Tbsp Cilantro Roots
- 1 Tbsp Galangal ,finely chopped /ginger ,incase you dont find
- 3-4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp Lemon grass stalks finely sliced
- 2 Tsp White pepper corns
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
For Vegan Thai Green Curry
- 2 Cans Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Carrot
- ¼ Cup Colored peppers
- ¼ Cup Snow Peas
- 2-3 Baby Bok Choy
- 1 Cup Tofu,extra firm
- Your Choice of Vegetables
Instructions for Thai Green Curry paste
- Roast cumin ,coriander seeds and peppercorn .
- Grind everything other then dark soy sauce to make a puree . You can use a grinder or hand pound as well.
- Mix soy sauce to it and your thai green curry paste is ready to use .
Instructions for Thai Green Curry
- Take a pan .Heat it .
- Take some of the coconut cream from the can and saute 3 tbsp of thai green paste to it .
- Saute it on low medium flame for 1 minute.You can always reduce or increase the quantity of paste depending on your taste .Asdd it little by little otherwise your curry will be super spicy.
- Add both cans of milk to it and let it cook for 5-6 minute on low flame .
- In a seperate pan blanch your favourite vegetables.
- Add blanched vegetables and tofu to the curry .
- Cook it for around ne minute.
- Serve it with rice or noodles .