Paneer Korma is a rich luscious Paneer Curry where paneer cubes are cooked in a yoghurt based gravy. It's spicy, tangy, creamy and finger licking good. It goes well with any type of bread or rice.
This Paneer Korma recipe is actually the brain child of my husband. He loves all types of vegetarian and non-vegetarian rich gravies.While making Mutton Korma the idea for this recipe came to life. Simplicity of this curry is the soul of this recipe and that's what I love to share with you all.
This Paneer Korma is:
- Super Easy
- Party/Festival appropriate dish
- Can be easily changed into a vegan dish
- Does not involve lot of utensils or ingredients.
What Ingredients are needed for Paneer Korma?
- Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Green Chilies
- Cumin Seeds
- Brown onion(You can use home made fried brown onion or store bought brown onion) I used store bought brown onion.
- Tomato Puree(Home made or store bought)
- Kasoori Methi/dried fenugreek leaves
Can We Make Paneer Korma with Vegan Alternative?
Use Tofu and any vegan yoghurt instead of Paneer or normal yoghurt. This curry is so delicious that tofu will taste super yum with it .
You May Want To Check These Pneer Recipes,
- 500 Gms Paneer (cut in to big cubes)
- 200 Gms Yoghurt/Curd
- 1.5 Tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chilies
- ½ Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt according to the taste
- 2 Tbsp Oil/Ghee
- 4 Tbsp Brown onion
- 4 Tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Kasoori Methi
- Mix Yoghurt,oil,kashmiri red chili powder,coriander powder,ginger garlic paste,green chili slited ,garam masala powder.Whisk everything together to make a marinade type mixture.
- Take a thick bottom Pan /kadhai Heat it .Add yoghurt spice mix to the pan and cook it on medium heat for 5 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Now turn the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes covered with lid.You will see that yoghurt mix has released the oil and a surface of beautiful rogan has appeared on the top.
- Add 4 tbsp of crushed fried brown onion and 4 tbsp of tomato puree to it .Mix everything together.
- Add crushed Kasoori methi to the pan .Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minute.
- Add paneer cubes and cook uncovered on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low ,cover and cook for 7-8 minutes .
- Paneer korma is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with roti or rice.