Sharing is caring!!!
Paneer Korma is a rich, luscious Paneer Curry where paneer cubes are cooked in a yogurt-based gravy. It's spicy, tangy, creamy, and finger-licking good. It goes well with any bread or rice.
This recipe is the brainchild of my husband. He loves all types of vegetarian and non-vegetarian rich gravies. While making Mutton Korma, the idea for this recipe came to life. The simplicity of this curry is the soul of this recipe, and I love to share it with you all.
This recipe is,
- Super Easy
- Party/Festival-appropriate dish
- It can be easily changed into a vegan dish.
- Does not involve a lot of utensils or ingredients.
What Ingredients are needed?
- Kashmiri red chili powder
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Green Chilies
- Cumin Seeds
- Brown onion(You can use homemade fried or store-bought brown onion). I used store-bought brown onion.
- Tomato Puree(Homemade or store-bought)
- Kasoori Methi/dried fenugreek leaves
Can We Make a Vegan Alternative?
Use Tofu and any vegan yogurt instead of Paneer or regular yogurt. This curry is so delicious that tofu will taste super yummy with it.
You May Want To Check These Paneer Recipes,
Badami Paneer/Paneer in Creamy Almond Curry
- 500 Gms Paneer (cut in to big cubes)
- 200 Gms Yoghurt/Curd
- 1.5 Tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chilies
- ½ Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt according to the taste
- 2 Tbsp Oil/Ghee
- 4 Tbsp Brown onion
- 4 Tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp Kasoori Methi
- Mix Yoghurt,oil,kashmiri red chili powder,coriander powder,ginger garlic paste,green chili slited ,garam masala powder.Whisk everything together to make a marinade type mixture.
- Take a thick bottom Pan /kadhai Heat it .Add yoghurt spice mix to the pan and cook it on medium heat for 5 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Now turn the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes covered with lid.You will see that yoghurt mix has released the oil and a surface of beautiful rogan has appeared on the top.
- Add 4 tbsp of crushed fried brown onion and 4 tbsp of tomato puree to it .Mix everything together.
- Add crushed Kasoori methi to the pan .Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minute.
- Add paneer cubes and cook uncovered on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low ,cover and cook for 7-8 minutes .
- Paneer korma is ready to serve.
- Enjoy with roti or rice.
Interesting,would like to try. When is ghee used?
Ghee /oil is used in making the marinade .Its not a conventional curry making method .
hope it helps .
Please do try and let me know how you like it .Thanks