A delicious Indian vegetarian curry with Delicate paneer cubes simmered in aromatic fenugreek curry with lots of garlic. It's delectable in taste and super easy to make. This lasooni methi paneer curry goes well with any Indian bread or rice.
This lasooni methi paneer is quite different from the usual paneer dishes . It has really bold flavors and its amazingly delicious.
You May want to check these popular paneer recipes of mine,
Lasooni Methi Paneer/Paneer in Fenugreek Leaves ,Garlic Gravy.
- 20 Big Cubes Paneer
- 1 Big Onion(Chopped) Finely
- 1 Medium Tomato(chopped)
- 8-10 Big Garlic Cloves(We have huge garlic cloves in USA,if your garlic is small use 12-13)Minced perfectly.
- ⅓ Cups Kasoori Methi/Dry Fenugreek leaves.it is available in all Indian store..(we are not using fresh methi leaves)Soak it in 1/.2 cup of water.
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri Red chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Green Chilli Paste(you can reduce the quantity,if you want)
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2+1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ghee(optional)
- 1 Big Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Chopped Cilantro leaves
- Salt according to the taste.
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream /Coconut milk(it depends on your preference)
- 1 Tsp Crushed kasoori methi.
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Shallow fry Paneer pieces,till they look golden pink.(you can air fry or bake Paneer for less oily option.)
- Remove them from the pan and soak them in hot salted water till you make the gravy.
- In the same pan add one tbsp of oil again.(if using air fried paneer then use only one tbsp of oil in the curry)
- Add onion to it . Fry them till they look pink.You should do this on slow medium flame otherwise your onion will burn ,and taste will be ruined.
- Add Garlic ,Ginger and green chilli paste to it .Fry till the raw smell is gone .
- Add chopped tomato (it should be quite ripe) and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder,Red chilli powder ,Coriander Powder and Garam Masala to it .
- Saute it on low flame till the masala leaves the oil. This is called bhuno(I do not have any specific word in english) of the masala . It should be done very slowly over low flame .If needed add few drops of water during this process.
- Add soaked and drained fenugreek leaves to it .Mix it nicely and fry for 1-2 minute.
- Add Salt according to the taste .
- Puree this masala into a paste . Use of grinder is suggested.Do not over grind it .
- Add this masala paste into the pan again after grinding and add heavy cream /coconut milk to it . It depends on your taste . Some people like coconut milk and some like heavy cream . It depends on your preference. (coconut milk is light version of the curry)
- Add Paneer Cubes after draining / bloating them on a paper towel.
- Mix it well and check the seasoning . If needed add salt to it .If it looks quite thick add water to it .Let it simmer for 2-3 minute on slow flame .
- For tadka(tempering)--This process will bring out the best flavour of your Curry.
- In a tadka pan add ghee ,minced garlic and let it cook . After it start releasing a lovely aroma of fried garlic(be careful not burned garlic)pour it over the paneer curry.
- Garnish with crushed kasoori methi ,red chilli powder and cilantro and serve.
- Serve with Naan or Roti.