Sun-dried tomato and spinach pasta- a great weeknight dinner and awesome pick for a school or office lunchbox. This pasta recipe takes under 30 minutes and is super easy to make.
My kids love pasta and I try to make it for them at least once or twice a week. Like most kids, they love to eat the same thing again and again, but it gets a little boring for the person cooking the food.
I love to experiment with all kinds of pasta and come up with different combinations of flavors and pasta shapes to bring out the freshness of the ingredients. All the wonderfully textured vegetables, herbs, and sauces are a great source for making any pasta recipe delicious.
This spaghetti recipe makes a great vegetarian dinner and is an amazing recipe for adding some some color and crunch to your pasta dish as well. In addition, the baby spinach adds the essential greens as well as vitamins to your dish. Finally, tangy sun-dried tomato provides a pop of color and brings out the best flavours in this easy pasta dish.
What Ingredients are Needed for This Pasta Dish?
- Sun-dried Tomato
- Heavy Cream / Coconut Cream for Vegan alternative
- Vegetarian Parmesan Cheese
- Salt for Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Dry Basil/Fresh Basil
Can You Use Other Pasta for This Recipe?
Yes. You can use any other type of pasta for this recipe. Fettuccine, Spaghetti, and Linguine work really well in this recipe. However, you can use any other type of pasta as well. Furthermore, you can use whole wheat spaghetti or chickpea pasta to increase the nutrition quotient.
What Can You Serve with Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Pasta?
You can serve bread- Any type of Italian bread with olive oil will work.
Any type of salad green will also work well with this pasta.
Lastly, Soup will also work with this pasta.
You May Want to Check Out These Pasta Recipes As Well-
Sun-dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta
- 8 Oz Spaghetti
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- ⅓ Cup Sun Dried Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream/Coconut Cream(reduce the quantity to ½ cup)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic ,chopped
- ¼ Tsp Dry Basil
- ¼ Tsp Dry Oregano
- ¼ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt for seasoning the pasta
- Cook pasta according to the the package instruction .I prefer al dente pasta .Use salt to season the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat a pan .Add olive oil to it .
- Add chopped garlic to hot oil and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped sundried tomato to it and saute for 1 minute on low flame .
- Add heavy cream ,red pepper flakes,and paprika to the pan.Cook it on low flame for 30 seconds.Add grated parmesan to it .Stir it for 30 seconds to make a lovely sauce.
- Add baby spinach leaves to it and stir for another 30 seconds.When leaves start to wilt add pasta to it .
- With the help of a tong mix pasta with the sauce.Make sure the sauce coates pasta nicely.Add basil and parsley and mix .
- If sauce looks too thick to you add little bit of pasta water to it .Taste the pasta .If you need any seasoning add now.
- Cook it for 30 seconds on low flame and switch off the flame .
- Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti pasta is ready to enjoy.