Rich, creamy, and finger-licking delicious. This Badami Paneer Curry or Paneer in a creamy almond curry has a wonderful robust favour from the almonds.
Rich and delicate enough to suit even the most sophisticated palate and shine on important occasions, this paneer curry is really a breeze to make.
Health-wise I am not doing well nowadays, so Diwali this time was a low-key affair as I couldn't do much.
Thankfully, the man of the house took charge and we had a delicious meal on the day of Diwali (of course with my help).
The blog has taken a backseat nowadays, and I really feel bad about it. I try to create at least 3 posts a week.
I love doing blog posts and not being able to do them frequently really upsets me. There are highs and lows of a blogger's life, but in-between, one thing that keeps me motivated is your positive comments folks. Your love on my posts keeps my spirits always high and motivates me to keep going.
I made this Badami Paneer a few days before diwali, and it was in my drafts folder. I thought I would share it today because better late than never.
This paneer in almond-based curry is wonderfully flavourful, and the best thing is that it's really easy. If you don't want to eat shahi paneer but still want some creamy gravy, I will suggest that you try this. It's finger-licking delicious and the bonus is that the kids love it.
Whenever I make this curry, they polish their plate with naan dipped in this curry.
What Ingredients Are Needed for Making this Badami Paneer?
Paneer- I prefer to use my homemade paneer for this delicate curry. Homemade paneer is soft enough for the ultimate melt-in-the-mouth texture. If you are using a store-bought paneer, soak it in hot salted water for 15 minutes.
Almonds- Unsalted good quality almonds are perfect for this recipe. Soak them in hot water for 30 minutes. Then, peel the skin off and it's ready to use.
Cream- I have used heavy whipping cream, however, you can use any other cream as well.
Whole spices- Cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, bay leaf.
Ginger-Garlic Paste- I prefer my homemade fresh ginger-garlic paste. In order to do so, take equal amounts of ginger and garlic and make a fine paste. You can use store-bought paste as well.
Kasoori Methi(dried fenugreek leaves)- They provide an intense fragrance to the gravy. It's just amazing how strong this spice is, and only a very small quantity is necessary to make this recipe.
Spices- Turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, and little bit of red chilli powder.
Herbs- Onion, green chilies, fresh cilantro, and some oil.
You May Want To Check Out These Paneer Recipes As Well-
What Can You Serve with This Paneer Recipe?
This goes well with bread or rice both. You may also want to check out these recipes-
Badami Paneer/Paneer in Creamy Almond Curry
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Oil of your choice
- 1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 Small Bay leafs
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillies(Optional)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder(optional)
- Salt according to the taste
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Kasoori Methi
- 20 Almonds( soaked for 30 minutes in hot water.Peel the skin and use them).
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream(you can reduce the quantity if you want)
- 10-12 Big Cubes Paneer
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped Cilantro.
- Heat a pan .Add 1 tsp oil and heat it .
- Add onion and saute it on low /medium flame ,till it looks transparent .
- Add green chilli and almond to it .Mix them and saute them nicely.
- Grind everything into a smooth paste .If you need add one tbsp of water.Make sure the paste is quite smooth.Keep it aside.
- Take a clean pan .Add oil to it.
- When its hot ,add cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom and bay leaf .Let them sizzle for 30 seconds.Add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the raw smell is gone.
- Add ground onion almond paste to it .saute it on low flame for 30 second .
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder and salt to it .Stir it quite well.
- Saute for 2 minutes on low flame .If you think its sticking to the pan ,add one tbsp of water to it.
- Add cream and kasoori methi to the pan and stir it to make a smooth thick curry.
- Add paneer cubes and mix them carefully .Do not break them .
- Taste the seasoning .If you want to add salt ,do it now .
- If it's thick for your liking add little warm water .Do not make this very thin as its tastes better when the curry is thick and creamy.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional)
- Enjoy with any type of bread or rice.