Rich, creamy, and finger-licking delicious. This Badami Paneer Curry or Paneer in a creamy almond curry has a wonderful robust favour from the almonds. Rich and delicate enough to suit even the most sophisticated palate and shine on important occasions, this paneer curry is really a breeze to make.
Health-wise I am not doing well nowadays, so Diwali this time was a low-key affair as I couldn’t do much. Thankfully, the man of the house took charge and we had a delicious meal on the day of Diwali (of course with my help).
The blog has taken a backseat nowadays, and I really feel bad about it. I try to create at least 3 posts a week. I love doing blog posts and not being able to do them frequently really upsets me. There are highs and lows of a blogger’s life, but in-between, one thing that keeps me motivated is your positive comments folks. Your love on my posts keeps my spirits always high and motivates me to keep going.
I made this Badami Paneer a few days before diwali, and it was in my drafts folder. I thought I would share it today because better late than never. This paneer in almond based curry is wonderfully flavourful, and the best thing is that it’s really easy. If you don’t want to eat shahi paneer but still want some creamy gravy, I will suggest that you try this. It’s finger-licking delicious and the bonus is that the kids love it. Whenever I make this curry, they polish their plate with naan dipped in this curry.
What Ingredients Are Needed for Making this Badami Paneer?
Paneer– I prefer to use my homemade paneer for this delicate curry. Homemade paneer is soft enough for the ultimate melt-in-the-mouth texture. If you are using a store-bought paneer, soak it in hot salted water for 15 minutes.
Almonds- Unsalted good quality almonds are perfect for this recipe. Soak them in hot water for 30 minutes. Then, peel the skin off and it’s ready to use.
Cream- I have used heavy whipping cream, however, you can use any other cream as well.
Whole spices- Cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, bay leaf.
Ginger-Garlic Paste- I prefer my homemade fresh ginger-garlic paste. In order to do so, take equal amounts of ginger and garlic and make a fine paste. You can use store-bought paste as well.
Kasoori Methi(dried fenugreek leaves)– They provide the intense fragrance to the gravy. It’s just amazing how strong this spice is, and only a very small quantity is necessary to make this recipe.
Spices- Turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, and little bit of red chilli powder.
Herbs- Onion, green chilies, fresh cilantro, and some oil.
You May Want To Check Out These Paneer Recipes As Well-
What Can You Serve with This Paneer Recipe?
This goes well with bread or rice both. You may also want to check out these recipes-
Badami Paneer/Paneer in Creamy Almond Curry
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Oil of your choice
- 1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 Small Bay leafs
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillies(Optional)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder(optional)
- Salt according to the taste
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Kasoori Methi
- 20 Almonds( soaked for 30 minutes in hot water.Peel the skin and use them).
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream(you can reduce the quantity if you want)
- 10-12 Big Cubes Paneer
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped Cilantro.
- Heat a pan .Add 1 tsp oil and heat it .
- Add onion and saute it on low /medium flame ,till it looks transparent .
- Add green chilli and almond to it .Mix them and saute them nicely.
- Grind everything into a smooth paste .If you need add one tbsp of water.Make sure the paste is quite smooth.Keep it aside.
- Take a clean pan .Add oil to it.
- When its hot ,add cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom and bay leaf .Let them sizzle for 30 seconds.Add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the raw smell is gone.
- Add ground onion almond paste to it .saute it on low flame for 30 second .
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder and salt to it .Stir it quite well.
- Saute for 2 minutes on low flame .If you think its sticking to the pan ,add one tbsp of water to it.
- Add cream and kasoori methi to the pan and stir it to make a smooth thick curry.
- Add paneer cubes and mix them carefully .Do not break them .
- Taste the seasoning .If you want to add salt ,do it now .
- If it's thick for your liking add little warm water .Do not make this very thin as its tastes better when the curry is thick and creamy.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional)
- Enjoy with any type of bread or rice.