Lasooni Palak Paneer
A wonderful garlic flavoured spinach Curry topped with Big soft chunks of Paneer /Indian cottage Cheese.
- 5 Cup Spinach(I don't use water in palak Paneer and like to have thick gravy)blanched and pureed .
- 1 Medium Onion(Chopped)
- 1 Big Tomato(Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic Paste.
- ½ Cup Thinly Chopped Spinach.
- ½ Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 small pinch of Asafoetida
- 1.5 Tbsp Oil(You can reduce the quantity ,if you want)
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter(reduce the quantity to one tbsp ,if you want)
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- 2 Dry whole red chilli
Star of the show
- 10-12 Big Cubes of Paneer
- Salt according to your taste
- Wash all the 5 cups of spinach leaves properly and blanch it . Remember for retaining the bright green colour ,its important that after blanching you put all the spinach in cold water filled with ice cubes.Do not boil spinach ,one minute of blanching is more than enough.
- Make a smooth puree of blanched spinach and keep it aside.
- Take a wok /Pan.
- Add oil to it .
- When its hot ,add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Let them crackle.
- Add Thinly chopped onion to it and saute it on the medium flame.
- When it looks transparent add ginger garlic paste to it .Saute till the raw smell is gone .It will take around one minute.
- Add coriander powder,chopped tomatoes ,kashmiri red chilli powder and little bit of salt to it .
- Saute it on low/medium flame till all the tomatoes are soft and mixed with spices.
- Add chopped spinach at this time and saute for 1 minute.
- Add spinach puree to it .Mix it nicely into the onion tomato mix.Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a small pan .Heat it .
- Add Ghee /Clarified Butter to it.Add whole red chilli to it .
- Add all the chopped Garlic to it and let it cook till it looks pink.
- Add red chilli powder to it .Mix it .
- Switch of the flame.
- Soak all the paneer pieces in salty hot water for 8-10 minutes.
- Take a serving bowl.
- Place all the palak /spinach gravy in it .
- Arrange Fully drained Paneer Pieces in it .
- Place all the garlic tempering on it .
- Your Lasooni Palak Paneer is ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!