- 400 Gms Paneer (big Cubes)
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Grated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 Green Chilies for garnish
- ½ Cup Green Onion /Scalion for garnish
- 1 Medium Onion cut into cubes
- 1 Large Green Peppers cut in cubes.
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Hot and sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hot Chili sauce/Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Green Chili Sauce
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 6+1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 4 Tbsp All Purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Oil For deep frying /Shallow Frying.
- 4 Dry Red Chili
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds(toasted)Optional
- 1 Tsp Salt
How to prepare Paneer for Deep Frying / Air Frying.
- Cut Paneer into big cubes.
- Coat it with 2 tbsp of Corn Flour.
- Mix 4 tbsp of all purpose flour and 4 tbsp of Corn Flour with ⅓ cups of water.
- Whisk it well to make a lump free batter.
- Dust off excess corn flour from the Paneer and dip it in the prepared batter. Ensure that Paneer has a even coating of batter.
How to deep Fry Paneer
- Heat sufficient oil for frying .
- Fry just a few pieces of paneer at one time .It should be done on medium/low flame ,till Paneer Cubes are crispy and golden brown on both sides.
How to air fry Paneer Cubes
- Pre heat air fryer on 380 F.
- Arrange Paneer Pieces in one layer.If you want to brush little oil to paneer ,you can do that (that's optional)
- Air fry on 380 F for 5-6 minutes on one side then 2-3 minutes on another side. Time can vary a little depending on your paneer cubes and air fryer.
How to make Chili Paneer
- Take a wok. Heat it .
- Add 2 tbsp of oil. Keep the flame on high heat.
- Add grated ginger,garlic,whole red chilies and green(make a slit ) chilies to it .Saute for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add onion and green pepper cubes.
- Saute for 3-4 minutestill the onion and pepper gets a nice colour.
- Keep vinegar aside and mix 4 tbsp of water to all the sauces.
- Add the sauce mix and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Make a slurry of 1 tbsp of corn starch to 4 tbsp of water.Whisk it well and add it to the wok.
- Now add the fried Paneer Cubes /Air Fried Paneer Cubes to it .Mix it well. Cook it on low /medium flame for 3-4 minute or till it reaches consistency of your liking.If you want keep it to a gravy like consistency .I have kept mine little dry(snack )like consistency.
- Add vinegar and mix it well.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve with any type of rice or Noodles.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!