Paneer in hot garlic sauce is an Indo Chinese style vegetarian gravy dish. If you are craving something spicy and garlicky, then this Paneer dish is perfect for you. In addition, this goes well with any type of rice and noodles.
What is Hot Garlic Sauce?
Hot Garlic Sauce is a type of Indo chinese sauce which is tangy, spicy and garlicky. It has an amazing flavor profile. I love to use these sauces with vegetables, paneer, tofu, and veg balls . It is really comforting and especially so in the winter.
What Ingredients are needed for Paneer in hot Garlic Sauce?
- Sriracha Sauce/Schezwan Sauce/Any Red Chilli Sauce
- Dry Red Chilli
- Dark Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Green Chilli
- Corn Starch
- Garlic Powder
- Little bit of oil.
- Green onion
Can We Customize the Recipe ?
Absolutely. You can customize the recipe according to your preferences.
*You can increase or decrease the quantity of Chilli paste in this recipe. I will not advise removing it for any other sauce. This red chilli sauce/sriracha sauce is the soul of hot garlic sauce. If you don't eat very spicy food, just reduce the quantity. You can remove some green chillies in that case.
*For a vegan alternative or for some reasons you do not want to use Paneer, you can use tofu. Tofu will taste amazing with this sauce.
*Use lots of fresh exotic vegetables. Boil them or stir fry them to use in this sauce. You will love them in any case.
*Instead of shallow frying/deep frying you can air fry or bake the paneer. That will make the recipe less oily for sure.
You May Want to check other Indo Chinese Recipes
How Can We Make The Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce?
Two steps are important in this recipe
1-First step is to make cubes of paneer. You choose size and thickness according to your taste. I prefer little big cubes of paneer as they look good.
Coat them with corn flour, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and a few drops of water. Depending on your choice you can shallow fry, deep fry, air fry or bake them.
They will all take different times and yield different textures. However when you dip them in hot garlic sauce they all will taste the same.
2-The second step is to make a wonderful hot garlic sauce. Take a wok/pan. Add just a few drops of oil and heat it. Add chopped garlic and chopped green chillies to it.
Let them infuse the oil with their flavour. Add chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar to it. Let the sauce cook for 1 minute and add black pepper and red pepper flakes to it. Mix some corn starch with water and add it to the sauce.
Cook the paneer in the sauce for 1-2 minutes on low/medium flame. Paneer will soak all the beautiful flavours from the sauce and will look plump. Garnish with chopped green onion and serve.
Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce
For Making Crispy Paneer
- 20 Cubes Paneer
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch of salt
For Hot Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 4 Big Cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 Medium Green Chilli Chopped(Optional)
- 3 Tbsp Schezwan sauce/Sri racha Sauce/Any other red chilli Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tsp Crushed black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup Fresh Chopped Green Onion
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Dry Red Chilli(Optional)
Making of Crispy Paneer(Deep Frying)
- Make cubes of paneer.Mix corn starch ,red pepper flakes ,little bit of salt and garlic powder.Make sure Paneer cubes are coated really well with this dry mixture.Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water over all the paneer and mix them nicely .Your marinate Paneer cubes are ready for frying.
- Take a wok /pan.
- Fill them with oil for deep frying.When its hot enough ,keep the flame on medium and fry paneer cubes till they look golden crispy from all sides.Remove them on a paper towel.
Air Frying of Paneer
- Pre- heat air Fryer on 370 F.for 5 minutes.
- Brush inside of air fryer with little bit oil to prevent sticking.
- Arrange paneer cubes in the air fryer and air fry on 370 F for 5 minutes first.Brush with little oil and turn it over .Air fry them again for 5 minutes.
- Keep an eye on your Paneer Cubes .You may take less time or sometimes more depending on your paneer or air fryer.Remove them in a plate .Do it in two three batches to avoid over crowding.
Making of hot garlic sauce
- Prepare garlic and Green chillies by chopping them.
- Take a pan/wok.Heat it .
- Add one tsp of oil to it .
- Add dry red chilli and let it crackle.Add chopped garlic and green chilli to it .
- Let it cook it till they look light brown ,.That will infuse the oil with the flavour of garlic and chilli.Add red pepper flakes ,crushed black pepper to it .
- Add chilli sauce.soy sauce ,brown sugar to it.stir it and let it cook for 1 minute on low flame .
- Add corn starch mixed with 3 cups of water.Make it lump free.Add it to the pan/wok.
- Let it cook on medium flame .Add vinegar .Taste the sauce.If you need to add salt .Do it .
- Add paneer to it .Let it cook on medium flame .
- Cook it till you feel that consistency is right for you .
- Garnish with green onion and serve with noodles or rice.
Leave a Reply