I love Vegetable Stir Fry and love the fact that you can whip up a delicious and pretty meal in under 30 minutes. Crunchy and colourful vegetables coated with a garlicky, spicy, and sweet sauce gives amazing satisfaction to our taste buds. Most of the time when I am short on time, I prefer this kind of quick and easy meal. My family loves it and serving a great home cooked meal always gives the same satisfaction.
What is Stir Fry?
Stir Frying is a Chinese cooking technique in which vegetables or meat are fried in a big wok on very high heat. It uses high heat and less oil, so the end product is quick and very flavourful.
What are the Ingredients for Stir Fry?
We can stir fry vegetables, poultry, tofu, meat, or whatever we fancy. We don't use vegetables which take quite long to cook.
What Ingredients I used for Making Stir Fry?
I have used canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, schezwan sauce, brown sugar, chilli flakes, chopped garlic, and lots of green vegetables.
What Can We Serve with Stir Fry?
We can serve any type of rice or noodles with veg stir fry but there are so many people including my husband that like to eat this without anything, just like that.
Vegetable Stir Fry
- 2 Cups Broccoli,cut into big florets
- 1 Cup Mushroom(big pieces)
- 1 Cup Baby corn( Whole)
- 1 Cup Red Pepper (cut into strips)
- ½ Cup Yellow/Green Pepper(Cut into Strip)
- 1 Cup Carrot (Cut into fine slices)
- ½ Cup Onion chopped into big pieces.
- 2 Tbsp Garlic,chopped.
- ¼ Cup Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
For Making the Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce or any chilli sauce of your choice. You can increase or decrease the quantity depending on your situation.
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch(optional)
- Prepare all the vegetables by washing and slicing them.
- Its always better to use same sized vegetables in stir fry (so that they can cook at the same time)
- Take a wok/Heavy bottomed pan.
- Turn the heat on high.
- Add ½ Tbsp of Canola oil to it .
- Stir fry all the mushrooms first on high heat .Use a little sprinkling of salt on it .
- I prefer doing mushroom first since,It is full of water and after stir frying it alone it looks and tastes great(after loosing water)
- Remove it in a plate,and keep aside.
How to make Stir Fry Sauce.
- Mix every thing together written under Sauce except ,water and corn starch.
- Mix water and corn flour together and then mix with other sauces.
- Your Stir Fry Sauce is ready .
- If you want you can add ½ tsp of red pepper flakes to it .
Making of Vegetable Stir Fry
- Take a wok and heat it on high flame.
- Add 1 tsp of Sesame oil and ½ Tsp of canola oil to it .
- Smoke it .
- Add garlic ,fry it for 30 seconds and then add onion to it .Saute it till it looks little transparent.
- You should always fry crunchy .crispy vegetables first .
- Add carrot ,fry it for one minute.
- Then add broccoli,baby corn and saute it for one minute.
- Add peppers to it .Sprinkle just a pinch of salt on broccoli,while sauteing.Saute for 2 minutes on high flame .
- Now add mushroom ,which we have kept aside.Mix it .
- Drizzle our stir fry sauce all over it .Coat all the vegetables nicely with the sauce.Let it thicken foe a while (1 minute on high flame )
- Stir it and place on a serving platter.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Your vegetable stir fry is ready .
- Serve it with some Rice or Noodles.You can have them alone as well.