Curried Asparagus with Sesame Seeds. Easy, crunchy, quick, and delicious, this Curried Asparagus with Sesame Seeds is a delicious side dish with a hint of curry.
It's refreshing to have a different asparagus side dish and this dish goes well with any grain or protein. In addition, it is vegan and gluten-free. Overall, it takes around 20 minutes from start to finish.
Spring is just around the corner, and you can see that fresh asparagus is ruling all the farm stands and produce sections of the supermarket. Do you love asparagus?
I just adore the simple taste. Full of vitamins and fibre, this curried asparagus with sesame seeds is our family favourite.
Have you ever tried curried asparagus? If not, folks you are missing something for sure. Asparagus coated with a few spices are flavour bombs.
They will just burst in your mouth with a delicious taste. They are a lovely change from usually baked asparagus sides. I will really insist you try it.
What Ingredients Are Needed For This?
Asparagus- Fresh asparagus is best for this recipe. Since we are not cooking asparagus for a long time, fresh and young asparagus is required. I will not suggest using thick mature asparagus.
Grape Tomato- Any small tomatoes like cherry tomato or grape tomato will work best.
Garlic- We are using chopped garlic in this recipe.
Sesame Seeds- I have used white sesame seeds in this recipe.
Dry Red Chili- Dry red chilli provides a spicy flavour to this dish.
Garam Masala Powder
Lime /Lemon Juice- It will give a slightly tangy flavour to this dish.
How To Make Curried Asparagus With Seasame Seeds-
Firstly, wash and dry asparagus and tomatoes. I have done tomatoes in two halves and asparagus into three slightly angled pieces. Then, take a wok or pan.
I use a wok since it gives an awesome texture without using tons of oil. Next, add oil to it. When it's hot enough, add dry red chillies to it.
Then, let it sizzle and add chopped garlic to the wok. Let it caramelize first. Light golden /pink is the colour you are looking for. Do not let it burn.
After that, add tomatoes to the pan. Let it cook for 30 seconds and stir it around. Then, add asparagus and stir it.
Add turmeric powder and salt to it. Let the asparagus cook for 1-2 minutes in tomato garlic juice. Your flame should be medium-high. Also, make sure your curry is totally dry at this time.
Asparagus should have a crunch. Then, add garam masala powder and sesame seeds and stir for 30 seconds. Lastly, sprinkle some lime/lemon juice and serve.
You May Also Want To Check Out These Easy Stir Fry Recipes-
Can You Freeze This?
Any stir fry will taste best when it's freshly made. I would actually not recommend freezing it, however, you can keep it in the fridge for one day. You can reheat it just before eating.
Curried Asparagus With Sesame Seeds
- 12 Oz Asparagus
- ¼ Cup White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cup Grape tomato/Cherry Tomato
- 4 Cloves Chopped garlic
- 2 Dry Red Chili
- ½ Tbsp Oil of your choice
- ½ Tsp Red Chili powder
- ⅛ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt According to the taste
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice/Lemon Juice
- Wash and dry asparagus .Cut the hard part off .
- Wash tomato and dry.Slice it into two parts.
- Take a wok /pan .
- Add oil to it .
- When its hot add dy red chili and chopped garlic .Let it caramalize. Wait for light pink/brown color .
- It will take around 30 seconds.Add tomatoes and stir it once .
- Add asparagus to it .Add turmeric powder,and salt to it .
- Cook it for 1-2 minute on high .medium flame .
- Add sesame seeds ,red chili powder and garam masala powder to it .
- Saute for 1 minute more .I did not cook it more because i like to have some crunch in asparagus.You can increase or decrease the qauntity depending on your choice.
- Just before removing from the stove, sprinkle some lime/lemon juice on it .
- Taste the sesasoning and enjoy .