Sharing is caring!!!
Simple one-pot comforting dinner for busy days. Loaded with nourishing vegetables and flavorful tomato sauce, this one-pot vegetable tortellini is also perfect for back-to-school lunches. The easy 20-minute meal you can prepare in the instant pot or on the stovetop.
Don't we all crave some cheesy, creamy goodness on some days? Guys, I have covered you all for those days. Make this wonderful veg tortellini recipe and enjoy it with a glass of wine. It's fun, comforting, and hearty.
How to make it?
I buy cheese tortellini from Trader joes. They are just perfect tiny and cheese-filled tortellini. They taste delicious, and my kids love them.
You can get them in almost all big grocery stores. They are easy to find and not very expensive.
I have made them in my instant pot; however, you can cook the same in any pan on the stovetop. First, start by sauteing garlic and onion in butter till they look golden and you can feel the aroma.
Then saute carrot, zucchini, or any vegetable until perfectly caramelized. Add tomato sauce or puree and a few basil leaves. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar. Cook till the oil separates.
Add all the tortellini in the Instant Pot in one layer. Add water and Cover the lid and cook on the pressure cook mode for 4 minutes. Remove the pressure manually or naturally.
Stir it once, add cream, and serve them in a bowl. Top them with some cheese(totally optional) and red pepper flakes. Enjoy your meal.
You can check some of my popular pasta recipes,
One Pot Vegetable Tortellini
- 10 OZ Cheese Tortellini
- 8 OZ Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Cooking Oil
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Small Chopped onion
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes(Optional)
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper crushed
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Basil Leaves
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs if using.
- Turn on the saute button of the Instant Pot.
- When it says hot, add butter and oil to it .
- Add minced garlic and saute till it looks caramelized.
- Add all the vegetables and saute them for one minute .Start with chopped onion and then add other vegetables.
- Add tomato sauce/puree black pepper ,salt,brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Saute till the oil separates.It wont take more then 1-2 minutes.
- Add Tortellini ,to the Instant pot .
- Add water to the Instant Pot.
- Switch off the saute button.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Release the steam manually. Add cream after removing the lid.
- Stir to mix everything.
- If the sauce is too thick for your taste use hot water to make it thin.
- Serve them in a bowl and enjoy.