Creamy Vegetable Gnocchi Soup. Creamy Gnocchi soup with mushroom, carrot, green beans and spinach. A comforting one-pot/instant pot soup with soothing flavours. It comes together in less than 20 minutes. Kid-approved and can be easily transformed into a delicious vegan soup.
It is a perfect saviour for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. This creamy, vegetable gnocchi soup is our family favourite. My family loves gnocchi and I do not leave a chance to make this perfect pillowy potato dumpling/pasta.
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi is dry potato pasta. It is available in almost all the stores. When it's cooked it feels soft, nice, and delicious. Making gnocchi at home is easy too. My husband makes this at home, and we love to have this homemade goodness.
How to make This Gnocchi Soup in Instant Pot?
Making this creamy vegetable gnocchi soup is a breeze. It's amazing how simple and easy this recipe is. It takes around 20 minutes of your time from start to finish.
First, take an instant pot. Plug it. Switch it on saute mode. When it says hot add one tbsp of butter and 1 tsp of oil to it. Adding oil with butter prevents the butter from burning. Add chopped garlic to it and saute for 30 seconds. At this time add onion and again stir it for 30 seconds. Add chopped mushroom and let it cook after stirring for 1 minute. Green beans and carrots will be added at this time and you have to stir them around.
Add seasoning at this time. I have used a little bit of garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and crushed black peppers. Add tomato puree at this time. This is the secret of that beautiful light cream colour. Saute the vegetables to mix seasoning properly. Add vegetable stock to this. Mix it properly. Add gnocchi, cream/coconut milk to this soup pot. Add a handful of spinach as well.
Turn the saute mode off. Cover the instant pot with its lid. Turn the pressure vent on the seal in position. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. After it is done let it come to cool off naturally. Do not attempt to do it manually. It's really hot and you can get burned.
After the pressure has been released open the lid. Stir the soup once with a ladle. Taste the seasoning and add if you want to add something. Serve with some bread and salad. Enjoy your comforting bowl of soup.
Can we use other vegetables or any protein in this soup?
Absolutely. You can use vegetables of your choice and feel free to use any protein of your choice. Your time of cooking would increase a little if you want to use chicken or shrimp in this soup. That will be your well balanced one-pot meal.
I like this soup way better than olive garden or any restaurant. It always feels fresh and more delicious. Homemade comfort foods are all about love, care and quality and this gnocchi soup is the best example of that.
How to use fresh or frozen Gnocchi?
Always cook fresh or frozen gnocchi separately (according to the package instruction. Cook soup and then add gnocchi just before serving the soup. Fresh /Frozen gnocchi are very delicate and can break easily during pressure cooking.
You May want to Check these other Gnocchi Recipes,
Creamy Vegetable Gnocchi Soup
- 17 Oz Dry Potato Gnocchi (it was one standard packet for me)
- 1 Cup Carrot Slices
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Beans
- ½ Cup Chopped Mushroom
- ⅓ Cup Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅛ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- Salt According to the taste
- 4 Cup Vegetable stock
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream /If you are using coconut cream use 2 tbsp for mild taste .or ½ cup coconut milk if you dislike coconut cream .Remember your soup can be little thin .
- 1 Tbsp Butter/Vegan butter
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach.
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
Instant pot Instruction
- Press the saute button on the Instant pot .
- When it says hot add oil and butter to it. Add chopped garlic Saute it for 30 seconds .
- Add onion and stir it around for 1 minute.
- Add mushroom to it. Saute it for 1 minute so that it can be a little carmelized.
- Add carrot and green beans to the Instant pot. Saute for 1 minute and add all the seasoning .
- Add tomato puree and mix everything properly .Cook for 1 minute.Add vegetable stock and mix it with everything..
- Add heavy cream/coconut cream to it .
- Add spinach and Gnocchi to the instant pot.
- Close the Instant pot lid.
- Move the vent to seal in position.
- Cancel the saute button and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally .
- Stir the soup with ladle.
- Adjust the seasoning if you want.
- Enjoy your soup with garlic bread or salad.
2.In case using coconut cream use just 2 tbsp.
3.If you want for mild flavour use coconut milk for the soup. Your soup will be thin at the same time flavor will be mild.