Healthy, nourishing, and delicious, this vegetable tortellini soup is so comforting. Combined with cheesy spinach tortellini and a wonderful medley of carrot, Zucchini, spinach, onion, and garlic, this soup provides much-needed warmth.
Have you ever tried this vegetable tortellini soup? If not, folks, you are missing out on something so flavorful and fun.
Why do we love this Tortellini soup?
Full of the nutritional benefit of different colorful vegetables.
Easy and delicious.
Comforting and hearty.
Great for weekly meal plans and lunch boxes.
What is Tortellini?
Tortellini is pasta stuffed with cheese, spinach, or meat. They are not big like ravioli but rather quite cute in shape and size.
Where to buy Tortellini?
You can buy tortellini from almost any big grocery store in America. You can find them on the pasta aisle in the refrigerated and freezer sections.
I love the tortellini from Trader Joe's. They are small packets that are good for one-time use. They are freshly made, and on top of them, I love the flavor of the cheese in them.
You May like to check out some of my popular soup recipes,
Ingredients used in making this Vegetable Tortellini Soup?
Tortellini- I have used spinach cheese tortellini; however, any tortellini is used according to individual preference.
Spinach- Fresh spinach is used; frozen can be used too.
Carrot- The sliced fresh carrot is used in this recipe, but fresh and frozen can be used for this recipe. Any shape or size will do.
Tomato Paste/Tomato Puree- Quantity will depend on your ingredient.
Coconut Milk /Heavy Cream- That's optional; however, if you like a little creamy touch, you should use any of these.
Red Pepper Flakes
Olive Oil or any oil of your choice-
Cooking on the stovetop?
Making vegetable tortellini soup is quick and easy. Take a dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pan. Heat it with olive oil. When it's hot enough, add minced garlic and onion to caramelize it.
Stir in zucchini and carrot into the pot for that nice golden texture. Add tomato paste/puree with Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. After stirring for a very short time, add the vegetable stock /broth.
Let it boil, and add tortellini to the pot when it looks cooked after a short time. Furthermore, spinach will be added. If you want to add cream or coconut milk, add this now.
Check the consistency and, if needed, add more stock or water. Taste the seasoning. Enjoy the bowl of warm soup.
Instant Pot Cooking?
Select the saute button on the Instant Pot. Add oil, and once it's hot, saute onion and garlic. Add carrot and zucchini and stir it for a short time. Add tomato paste /puree and saute it once more. Add veg stock and all the seasoning to the pot.
Furthermore, add tortellini to the pot. Make sure they are covered with liquid. Do not stir at this time. Cancel the saute button. Cover the lid and pressure cook for 2 minutes on high pressure. It will take another 8-10 minutes for the Instant pot to come to pressure.
Release the pressure naturally or manually. Add spinach and allow spinach to wilt before adding coconut milk or cream. Taste the seasoning and enjoy the crusty bread of your choice.
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil or any neutral oil of your choice
- 1 Tbsp Minced/Chopped Garlic
- 1 Small Chopped Onion
- 1 Carrot Sliced or chopped according to your taste.
- 1 Zucchini Chopped as per the recipe.
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree/2 tbsp if using paste.
- 3 Cup Veg Stock
- ½ Tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt according to the taste
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk/Heavy Cream
- 10 Oz Tortellini Pack
- Heat the pan with olive oil in it. When it's hot enough, add minced garlic and chopped onion.
- Add zucchini and carrot along with salt and red pepper flake. Saute for a few minutes or till it looks caramelized.
- Add tomato paste or puree to the pan and stir it around to get the lovely aroma .
- Add vegetable stock or broth to the pan and de -glaze the pan with it .
- Furthermore ,bring it to a boil and add tortellini and spinach. Turn the heat to low and let it cook.Let it cook till tortellini looks cook through.It takes around 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk or cream as per your choice. Do it on slow flame.
- Taste the soup if its too thick then add little veg stock or water.
- If its quite thin then let it cook on the low flame for some time.
- Garnish with the herb of your choice and enjoy .
Sharing is caring!!! The most flavorful homemade tomato soup.Made from roasted fresh vine ripe tomatoes, caramelized onion, and aromatic garlic. This roasted tomato soup is easy and needs only a few ingredients. Make this soup for your family and friends, and enjoy a bowl of comfort and warmth. How many of you love tomato soup?…
Sharing is caring!!! Bengali Aloo Dum is a Bengali-style potato curry that is spicy, easy, and delicious. This dish is a classic vegetarian dish from Bengali cuisine and can be prepared as Niramish (without onion and garlic) and paired best with luchi (Bengali Poori) or rice. The authentic Bengali pronunciation of this dish is Aloor…
Sharing is caring!! Luscious, creamy, and most comforting. This Kerala veg stew is the easiest home-style curry. It doesn't need tons of spices and Comes under 20 minutes. Typically, it pairs with appam or idiyappam. Vegan and veggie-packed, this coconut milk-based stew is so much fun to eat. Hearty, filling, and delicious. This vegan stew…