Easy to make Pita Bread. Don't wait to make this fluffy, soft, airy, and homemade pita bread. Perfectly puffed up this pita bread is easy and way better than store-bought ones. It is also vegan and kid-approved.
Trust me this easy pita bread is just killer and I don't know why I took this much time to document them on my blog! It's crazy. Isn't it? When I first made them around 5-6 years ago, I was really impressed. The only problem is that whenever I baked them (which was not very frequently, I admit) I was not able to take pictures. Hence no blog post. This time I made sure I had a few minutes left for a quick photoshoot. No elaborate setting is needed.
How to make it?
The making of pita bread is a super easy and simple process. If you have made pizza or any type of bread, it's nothing like that. Not much kneading is involved either. I think it's just perfect for making at home and for not-so-great bakers like me.
Why bake Pita Bread at home?
Home-made, just out of the oven warm bread is a slice of heaven and if you have not tried it or experienced it I insist that you do. My family loves warm bread of any kind so for them I love to do it. Home-made bread is a much healthier and superior alternative to store-bought ones. With you, baking at home means no preservatives, high-quality ingredients, and fresh bread. A total win-win situation.
What Ingredients are required to make this?
All-purpose Flour/Whole Wheat Flour/Bread Flour-It depends on your taste however I always prefer to have a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. That gives so much depth of flavor to the pit bread.
Instant Yeast /Active Dry Yeast-I prefer to use instant yeast but feel free to use active dry yeast. Proof it in warm milk or water first before adding to the flour of course.
Warm Water I prefer to make it vegan so don't prefer to use milk but this certainly is an option in case you want it.
You may want to serve these with,
Easy Pita Bread
- 4 Cup All Purpose Flour /2+2 cups whole wheat and all purpose flour
- 7 Gms/Sachet Instant Yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- 1-1.5 Cup Warm Water
- Mix flour ,salt ,sugar and yeast together.Whisk it with a whisker .
- Knead a soft dough with the warm water .
- You may or may not need whole cup of water .Sometimes you need more water as well.
- Make a soft dough. Apply olive oil to the dough and make it supple .
- Proof it in the Instant Pot on yoghurt mode for 1 hour or 1.5 hour.
- Your dough must be doubled by this time .
- Poke it with your fingers and knead the dough again for 4-5 minute.
- Make 12 dough balls of the same size.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes .
- Mean while roll the dough balls into round tortilla shape .It shouldnt be too thick or thin.
- Let them rest for 10 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 550 f.Pre heat your pizza stone ,cast iron gridle or baking tray as well.
- Never bake on cold tray ,your pita wont puff up.
- Place rolled pita inside the oven and bake for 7-8 minute.
- First batch will take more time later it will be fast.
- Keep an eye on them .
- After they puff up remove from oven .
- Keep them wrapped in a cloth towel .
- Enjoy with a dip or falafel.
Leave a Reply