Easy to make Pita Bread. Don't wait to make this fluffy, soft, airy, and homemade pita bread. Perfectly puffed up this pita bread is easy and way better than store-bought ones. It is also vegan and kid-approved.
Trust me this easy pita bread is just killer and I don't know why I took this much time to document them on my blog! It's crazy. Isn't it? When I first made them around 5-6 years ago, I was really impressed. The only problem is that whenever I baked them (which was not very frequently, I admit) I was not able to take pictures. Hence no blog post. This time I made sure I had few minutes left for a quick photoshoot. No elaborate setting needed.
How to make it?
The making of pita bread is a super easy and simple process. If you have made pizza or any type of bread, it's nothing like that. Not much kneading is involved either. I think it's just perfect for making at home and for not-so-great bakers like me.
Why bake Pita Bread at home?
Home-made, just out of the oven warm bread is a slice of heaven and if you have not tried it or experienced it I insist that you do. My family loves warm bread of any kind so for them I love to do it. Home-made bread is a much healthier and superior alternative to store-bought ones. With you, baking at home means no preservatives, high-quality ingredients, and fresh bread. A total win-win situation.
What Ingredients are required to make this?
All-purpose Flour/Whole Wheat Flour/Bread Flour-It depends on your taste however I always prefer to have a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. That gives so much depth of flavor to the pit bread.
Instant Yeast /Active Dry Yeast-I prefer to use instant yeast but feel free to use active dry yeast. Proof it in warm milk or water first before adding to the flour of course.
Warm Water I prefer to make it vegan so don't prefer to use milk but this certainly is an option in case you want it .
You may want to serve these with,
Easy Pita Bread
- 4 Cup All Purpose Flour /2+2 cups whole wheat and all purpose flour
- 7 Gms/Sachet Instant Yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- 1-1.5 Cup Warm Water
- Mix flour ,salt ,sugar and yeast together.Whisk it with a whisker .
- Knead a soft dough with the warm water .
- You may or may not need whole cup of water .Sometimes you need more water as well.
- Make a soft dough. Apply olive oil to the dough and make it supple .
- Proof it in the Instant Pot on yoghurt mode for 1 hour or 1.5 hour.
- Your dough must be doubled by this time .
- Poke it with your fingers and knead the dough again for 4-5 minute.
- Make 12 dough balls of the same size.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes .
- Mean while roll the dough balls into round tortilla shape .It shouldnt be too thick or thin.
- Let them rest for 10 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 550 f.Pre heat your pizza stone ,cast iron gridle or baking tray as well.
- Never bake on cold tray ,your pita wont puff up.
- Place rolled pita inside the oven and bake for 7-8 minute.
- First batch will take more time later it will be fast.
- Keep an eye on them .
- After they puff up remove from oven .
- Keep them wrapped in a cloth towel .
- Enjoy with a dip or falafel.