Crispy from the outside and soft and delicate from the inside these Air Fryer potato & sweet corn fritters are just wonderful for any get-together, picnic, or snack. It's vegan, not very oily, and you can prepare a big batch in less then 30 minutes.
Alternatively, they can be deep-fried or baked as well. So if you are looking for a wonderfully delicate appetizer or something to serve with that chilled glass of drink, then your search is over here.
What Ingredients are used in this recipe?
Potato- I have used Yukon gold potatoes in this recipe. I feel that they have a nice amount of starch to bind the ingredients. The texture is smooth-almost delicate for any kind of mashed recipe.
Sweet Corn- I have used canned sweet corn, however, you can use fresh corn if you want.
Vegan Shredded Cheese- The silky delicate flavor comes from shredded cheese. Feel free to add more or replace it with any other cheese if you like.
Onion- I always like a little bit of sharpness from my chopped red onion however feel free to replace this with yellow or white onion.
Cilantro or any other fresh herb of your choice.
Red Pepper Flakes- Love that hint of spice that comes from red pepper flakes.
All-Purpose Flour- If you do not want to use this, use any other flour as a binding agent. Almond flour, chickpea flour, or rice flour can be your substitutes.
Panko Bread Crumbs- Toasted Panko bread crumbs provide a lovely crisp outer layer.
Fresh Lime for Serving
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER POTATO & SWEET CORN FRITTERS?
1- The first step is to boil potatoes. You can use any method for that. I have used the Instant pot to boil the potatoes.
2- Drain the canned sweet corn to remove the liquid.
3- Mix Potato, corn, cheese, chopped onion, cilantro, and all the spices.
4- Furthermore add all-purpose flour and mix everything together into a smooth dough.
How to perfectly air fry them?
5- Make small flat balls/fritters of your choice. Coat them with toasted panko bread crumbs.
6- Leave them in the freezer for 20 minutes before air frying.
7- Spray the air fryer and fritters with some oil.
8- Air fry them at 370 f till they look crispy and golden.
9- Serve with any dip of your choice.
You May Want to check these other air fryer recipes
Can we freeze them?
Absolutely, we can freeze them! After making the fritters store them in a ziplock bag. Whenever you want to serve them remove them from the ziplock bag and air fry them. Do not thaw them before deep frying or air frying.
They can stay well for one month.
Air Fryer Potato & Sweet Corn Fritters.
- 2 Cups Grated or Mashed boiled potato
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- ½ Cup Vegan Shredded Cheese
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt,pinch of
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Oil for spraying
- Boil the potatoes .Drain the sweet corn and chop and prepare everything.
- In a large bowl mix the potatoes ,corn ,cheese ,cilantro ,onion flour and all the spices and seasoning .
- Toast the panko bread crumbs in a pan till they look light gold in color.Keep them on a plate.
- After mixing the dough nicely , take one scoop from a spoon or cookie scooper in your palm.
- Try to make a nice smooth patty out of it by rolling it in your palm. If it doesnt break or crumble its perfect .Make all the patties.
- If it crumbles use one or two tbsp of flour to your mixture.Do not use more than the required amount.
- Coat all the patties with toasted panko bread crumbs.
- Keep them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to370 F.
- Spray the oil on the air fryer basket and fritters.
- Air fryer them till golden and crispy .Turn them around once..
- Mine took around seven eight minutes.
- Serve them with a dip of your choice.