Sharing is caring!!!!!
Cheesy Malai Broccoli is easy, delicious, and just mind-blowing. This gorgeous-looking appetizer is fit for any dinner menu and non-stop munching.
The first time when we tasted this Malai Broccoli, we loved it. The taste and texture were so unique that they blew our minds. It was in India, and we were having dinner at our favorite restaurant. Five- Six years back, this dish was unique and different for us. We relished it.
At home, on kids' demand, we started making this, and with a few improvements over time, it's almost like the same recipe we loved. It's creamy, cheesy, crispy, and a powerhouse of texture and flavor.
Why I Love This Cheesy Malai Broccoli?
- This is a relatively easy recipe and does not take much time.
- Low carb recipe for people who like to avoid the carb.
- Keto-friendly food.
- It can be air fried as well.
- People who don't like broccoli also like to eat this.
- Does not involve a complicated cooking process.
How to serve Cheesy Malai Broccoli?
I serve them as an appetizer. Green chutney may be a great accompaniment. Serve them with salad greens, and this could be your fabulous meal. It's fantastic to eat alone or with any dip of your choice.
How to Make Cheesy Malai Broccoli?
First, remove the florets of the broccoli. Wash them nicely and keep them on the plate. Boil water in a pot with some salt.When it starts to boil, add broccoli florets to it.
Remove all the broccoli after one minute. Place them in a bowl of cold water filled with ice. This process is called blanching.
After the broccoli florets come to room temperature, remove them on a paper towel. Bloat all the water and keep them aside.
Make a marinade of hung Greek yogurt, heavy cream, cream cheese, and grated pepper jack cheese. Add mint powder, black pepper powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chili, lemon juice, and a little oil.
Whisk it to make a smooth mixture of marinade. Add broccoli to it and coat them one by one with the marinade. Leave them for 20 minutes with marinade.
Preheat the oven to 500 f. Now put a wire rack over the grill pan. Keep the florets on the wire rack. Grill at 500 f for 12-14 minutes. Take them out.
Gently apply some grated mozzarella to the florets. Broil them at 500 f for 3-4 minutes. Please remove it from a plate and enjoy them with a dip of your choice.
How to Cook broccoli in an air fryer?
Preheating is important. I have always felt that sticking doesn't happen much after pre-heating. Spray broccoli and air fryer with some oil.
Follow the same process of marinating and Preheating the air fryer at 400 f, and place them in the wire rack of the air fryer.
Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Air fry them for 8-10 minutes or till they look golden crisp to your liking.
My broccoli pieces were quite significant. If you have small florets, air fry them for 4-6 minutes. Time can vary a little. Remove them on a wire rack and enjoy with chutney.
You May Want to try these other broccoli recipes,
For Low-Calorie Alternatives,
- Skip the cream cheese and Heavy cream. This will still taste great.
Cheesy Malai Broccoli
- 3 Cup Broccoli florets
- ½ Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 6 Tbsp Hung Curd/Yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ⅓ Cup Grated pepper jack cheese
- 1.5 Tsp Mint powder
- 1 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Salt(Adjustaccording to your taste)
- 2 Chopped Chillies (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Lime /Lemon Juice
- Boil broccoli florets for one minute.
- Remove them in a bowl filled with ice water .
- Towel dry them .
- Make a marinade by combining everything other then mozzarella cheese.
- Whisk this to make a smooth marinade.
- Coat each broccoli crown with the marinade.
- Leave them for 30 minutes .
- Pre- Heat oven to 500 F.
- Place a wire rack on a grill pan.Keep the florets on the wire rack.
- Grill at 500f for 12 -14 minute.Take them out .
- Gently apply grated mozarella on the florets.
- Broil them at 500 f for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and enjoy .
How to cook them in air fryer
- Pre heat the air fryer on 400 f.
- Air fry broccoli florets for 8-10 minutes.Your time can vary depending on your air fryer and size of the broccoli florets.
- Apply some grated mozzarella on top of them and air fry them again at 400 f for 1-2 minutes
- Remove them from the air fryer and serve them with a dip of your choice.