Cheesy Malai Broccoli is easy, delicious and just mind-blowing. This gorgeous looking appetizer is fit for any dinner menu as well for non-stop munching.
First time when we tasted this Malai Broccoli we absolutely loved it. The taste and texture were so unique that it really blew our mind. It was in India and we were having dinner at our favorite restaurant. Five- Six years back this dish was really unique and different for us. We totally relished it.
At home ,on kids demand we started making this, and with a few improvements over time, it's almost like the same recipe we loved. It's creamy, cheesy with a touch of crispiness, and totally a powerhouse of texture and flavor.
Why I Love This Cheesy Malai Broccoli?
- This is a fairly easy recipe and does not take much time.
- Low carb recipe for people who like to avoid the carb.
- Keto-friendly food.
- It can be air fried as well.
- People who don't like broccoli also like to eat this.
- Does not involve a complicated cooking process.
How to serve Cheesy Malai Broccoli?
I serve them as an appetizer. Green chutney may be a great accompaniment. Serve them with salad greens and this could be your amazing meal. It's totally fantastic to eat alone or with any type of dip of your choice.
How to Make Cheesy Malai Broccoli?
First remove the florets of broccoli .Was them nicely and keep them in plate. Boil water in a pot with some salt .When it starts to boil add broccoli florets to it .Remove all the broccoli after one minute .Place them a bowl of cold water filled with ice .This process is called blanching. After the broccoli florets come to room temperature ,remove them on a paper towel .Bloat all the water and keep them aside.
Make a marinade of hung Greek yoghurt ,heavy cream ,cream cheese ,and grated pepper jack cheese. Add mint powder ,black pepper powder salt ,ginger garlic paste ,chopped green chilli , lemon juice and little bit of oil. Whisk it to make a smooth mixture of marinade .Add broccoli to it and coat them one by one with the marinade .Leave them 20 minutes with marinade.
Pre heat the oven to 500 f. Now put a wire rack over the grill pan .Keep the florets on the wire rack. Grill at 500 f for 12-14 minutes. Take them out . Gently apply some grated mozzarella on the florets. Broil them at 500 f for 3-4 minutes. Remove it in a plate and enjoy them with a dip of your choice
You May Want to try these other broccoli recipes,
For Low Calorie Alternative,
- Skip cream cheese and Heavy cream .This will still taste great .
Cheesy Malai Broccoli
- 3 Cup Broccoli florets
- ½ Cup Grated Mozzarella
- 6 Tbsp Hung Curd/Yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ⅓ Cup Grated pepper jack cheese
- 1.5 Tsp Mint powder
- 1 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Salt(Adjustaccording to your taste)
- 2 Chopped Chillies (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Lime /Lemon Juice
- Boil broccoli florets for one minute.
- Remove them in a bowl filled with ice water .
- Towel dry them .
- Make a marinade by combining everything other then mozzarella cheese.
- Whisk this to make a smooth marinade.
- Coat each broccoli crown with the marinade.
- Leave them for 30 minutes .
- Pre- Heat oven to 500 F.
- Place a wire rack on a grill pan.Keep the florets on the wire rack.
- Grill at 500f for 12 -14 minute.Take them out .
- Gently apply grated mozarella on the florets.
- Broil them at 500 f for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and enjoy .
How to cook them in air fryer
- Pre heat the air fryer on 400 f.
- Air fry broccoli florets for 8-10 minutes.Your time can vary depending on your air fryer and size of the broccoli florets.
- Apply some grated mozarella on top of them and air fry them again on 400 f for 1-2 minute.
- Remove them from air fryer and serv them with a dip of your choice.