Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower, is one of the most fantastic cauliflower dishes. In this dish, cauliflower florets are coated with a beautiful marinade of Vegan yogurt and a delicious Indian tandoori spice mix. It is easy and healthy, and with some lettuce, it is perfect for a lovely meal.
Why I Love This Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower-
This roasted tandoori cauliflower is a hot favorite of mine nowadays, and my family members love it too. I love how easy they are to roast /bake in the oven after a super simple marinade. In addition, chop/grate some salad, serve it over some lettuce, and your fantastic lunch or dinner is done.
What Ingredients Are Needed for Making Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower?
Cauliflower- Try to find a perfect fresh cauliflower with no brown spots. The fresher the cauliflower, the better your baked tandoori cauliflower will taste. Unfortunately, frozen cauliflower will not work in this recipe.
Yogurt- I prefer using Vegan(people who like it) or Greek yogurt for marinade. This is because it doesn't have a high water content, and the texture is quite thick. If you are using normal yogurt/Dahi, make sure you have removed all the water by hanging it in a cheesecloth for a few hours.
You can use coconut yogurt and cashew paste in this recipe for a vegan alternative. You will undoubtedly love the taste. Cashew paste gives them a lovely nutty flavor.
Ginger Garlic Paste- Grind equal amounts of ginger and garlic to make a fine paste. You can also store the leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
Red Chili Powder- I used Kashmiri red chili powder because it gives a beautiful, rich color while not very spicy. You can also use paprika or cayenne pepper. Or, you can skip it as well.
Chickpea Flour- I have used chickpea flour because it helps stick the spices and yogurt marinade. All-purpose flour can be a great alternative.
Garam masala powder
Kasoori Methi /Dry Fenugreek Leaves
What Are Possible Variations of This Recipe?
If you do not like cauliflower, you can also use mushrooms, broccoli, tofu, paneer, or vegetables.
How to make Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower in an Air fryer?
Marinate Cauliflower and preheat the air fryer to 370 f for 4-5 minutes. Air fry cauliflower florets at 370 f for 10-12 minutes. Turn them around once. Your time can vary depending on the size of your cauliflower florets and how much crisp you want.
What Can You Serve with Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower?
I love to dunk them in green chutney and enjoy them. You can also eat them as a lettuce wrap or even with warm bread. Whether you serve them as an appetizer or leading, this dish will charm you with its simplicity and taste.
You May Want To Check These,
Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower
- 3 Cup Big Cauliflower Florets
- 1.5 Cups Greek Yoghurt/Thick Yoghurt/Any vegan Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Turmer powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Crushed fenugreek Leaves
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lime /Lemon Juice
- Salt according to the taste
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp oil for marination
- oil for brushing the tikka
- Chop big florets of cauliflower after washing them .
- Take a pan .Boil suffucient water with little bit of salt to it .boil cauliflower till they are 60 percent done.
- Mix a marinade of yoghurt ,flour and spices .Whisk it nicely.
- Coat cauliflower nicely with the marinade and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour .
- Pre heat oven to 400 f and bake them on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes till they look roasted. Brush them with little oil. Remember your time can vary depending on your floret size and oven .Be careful while handling the oven .Wear mittens .Note-Roasting them on a wire rack helps in making them crisp .Suppose you don't have wire rack ,roast on parchment paper or tin foil .Brush tin foil with little oil .
- Now broil it for 1-2minute or till they look little charred and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve with any dip or salad of your choice.
For Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 370 F.
- Spray the air fryer basket .
- Arrange marinated cauliflower florets in one layer .Do not over crowd them .
- Air fry them on 370 F for 7-8 minutes.Turn them around once .
- Keep an eye on them .Your time can vary depending on size of your florets.
- Remove them on wire rack .