Who doesn't like Thai food? My family and I love spicy and delicious curries, but most of the time getting veg options is difficult at restaurants. Sometimes when I check the ingredients on a sauce or paste jar it has a few things which are not vegetarian. For this reason, I prefer making my own Thai curries and paste.
I know it's not possible for all of us to make all types of pastes and curries at home. So, for this problem, I have identified a solution. If you look at different recipes, most curries and noodles have Thai Red Curry paste- if you prepare some of this paste, you will be able to make several dishes.
I always prepare Green Curry paste, Red Curry paste, and add a few ingredients from my pantry to create a wonderful flavoured curry. Homemade curries are flavourful, aromatic, and always feel fresh. It takes less than 30 minutes to make 6-7 batches.
Making dinner and lunch is easy with these pastes and it takes only 15-20 minutes. Saute all the vegetables, and add coconut milk and Thai curry paste. Your luscious, spicy gravy is ready to be served with rice or noodles.
What is Panang Curry?
Panang Curry is a Thai curry which is quite similar to red curry with the addition of peanut flavour. It is milder than red curry because because of the addition of creamy peanut butter with coconut milk. It is a wonderful mixture of sweet and savoury/spicy. I would like to add that this version not an authentic Thai Panang Curry, but tastes very similar to the original Thai ones- it is just delicious.
Veg Thai Panang Curry
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Can Thick coconut milk
- 16 Cubes Tofu(firm),dusted with two tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Roasted peanuts for garnish(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- ½ Tbsp Brown Sugar(optional)
- 2 Cup Choice of vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil.
- Mix corn starch and tofu together and fry them . You can shallow fry ,air fry ,deep fry or bake them . I have shallow fried them.
- Take a pan .Add oil to it.
- Saute all the vegetables of your choice for 2 minutes.Do not over fry it . It should be crunchy .
- Remove it in a plate.
- In the same pan add coconut milk ,soy sauce ,peanut butter ,brown sugar and red curry paste .
- Let it come to a boil.If it looks quite thick add water to it .
- Taste it . If needed, add salt to it.
- Add all the vegetables and tofu to it .
- Let it simmer for one minute ,sprinkle some lime juice and roasted peanuts and serve over rice or noodles.