Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Manicotti. It's cheesy, creamy, garlicky and delicious. The most awesome comfort food like this doesn't need any introduction. Vegetarian and a one-pot meal this baked Italian dish is kid-approved and freezer friendly.
Whenever we visit an Italian restaurant our order mostly consists of one dish like stuffed manicotti or cannelloni. Our kids just love the gooey cheesy taste and they totally enjoy each and every bite of it. My problem is that I feel they are very heavy and a little bland. Blame my Indian taste buds but if there is no kick in the dish (not spicy, just a hint of spice), I do not like it.
So sometimes I like to bake these at home with less cheese and use a lovely semi-homemade marinara sauce. Additionally what I do is saute the spinach in butter for a few minutes using garlic. The beautiful garlic flavour infused in spinach brings a lovely flavour out of it. It tastes delicious and is really drool-worthy.
Don't go by the looks of this dish, I have done so much work to get it but it's really easy. It takes 45 minutes to make it from start to finish. I will suggest that you make a big batch of it. Keep it in the freezer and store it for coming dinners. They are just ideal for potlucks or get-togethers.
What ingredients do we need for Spinach Ricotta stuffed Manicotti?
Manicotti Shells-Store bought manicotti shells are avialable in all the big superstores.
Spinach -You can use fresh or frozen any type.
Ricotta Cheese-I have used one 15 oz jar of ricotta cheese for this recipe.
Parmesan Cheese-⅓ cup of grated parmesan is needed for this recipe .I have used ve version of that.
Mozzarella Cheese-We need around 1 cup of mozzarella cheese in this recipe. Use good quality shredded cheese for that.
Marinara sauce-A good quality marinara sauce is required for this recipe.
Red Pepper Flakes
Crushed Black Pepper
What can we serve with this stuffed Manicotti?
This is quite filling and perfect for a filling lunch or dinner but we can serve a Vine Ripe Cherry Tomato ,Basil Pesto and Rosemary Focaccia with this, and a Wild Rice and Arugula Salad and a Mango Coconut Panna Cotta.
Spinach ,Ricotta Stuffed Manicotti
- 15 Oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1.5 Cup SPinach
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅓ Cup Parmesan cheese ,vegetarian
- 8 Manicotti shells
- 1 Clove Garlic,Minced
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Salt ,just a pinch
- 4 Cups Good quality marinara Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Take a small pan .Heat butter and add garlic to it .
- Add spinach to it Mix it nicely and dry the water completely by cooking for about 1 minute..
- Let it cool on the counter .
- Mix spinach with ricotta, parmesan ,mozarella ,and other seasoning .
- Cook the manicotti in boiling water till they are 80 percent done.
- Stuff each manicotti shell with ricotta cheese mixture.
- Take a appropriate baking pan .
- Spread one cup of marinara sauceon the bottom of the baking pan .
- Arrange manicotti on it .
- Spread rest of the sauce on top of the stuffed manicottis.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake them on 400 f for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve.