At our home, we all love fresh fragrant Thai curries and it is the only cuisine that every one in my family agrees upon. I love how we can whip up a dinner or lunch in very little time if we have done some prep work in advance.
My husband and I have this habit of making large batches of Thai curry pastes and we keep them in different one-serving size containers in the freezer. It always comes handy in making dinners or lunches when we don’t have much time or we simply want to relax and enjoy a good homemade dinner while binge watching Netflix.
Thai Red Curry and Thai Green Curry are two of the staples in my freezer and it would not be an exaggeration to say that till date, we have not used any store bought curry paste. We love how fragrant and fresh these Thai curry pastes feel when you take a bite into the luscious curry.
For a long time, I wanted to make Veg Massaman Curry, but somehow we always ended up making Red Curry. So today, when I wanted to whip up an easy one pot curry, I opted for Thai Massaman Curry.
I am sharing the link of my home made thai red curry paste in case you want to make it .
What is Massaman Curry?
Massaman Curry is a fragrant Thai curry and in simple words, I would describe it as Indian and Thai flavors combined in a coconut-based curry. It’s spicy, sweet, fragrant, and silky at the same time and leaves a wonderful sensation on your tongue when you taste it.
Thai Veg Massaman Curry
- 1/2 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 Cup Red ,Yellow ,Orange Peppers cut into medium size chunks.
- 1/4 Cup Green Beans Cut diagonally
- 1/4 Cup Carrot cut into round discs
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Medium Onion cut into thin slices.
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Mushroom thinly sliced.
- 10 Pieces Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste(home made /store bought)
- 1 Can Thick coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind paste /Lime juice.
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder(I used Kashmiri Chilli powder)
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Fresh thai red chilli
- Salt according to the taste.
- 1/2 Cup Thai basil /cilantro(I did not have thai basil)
- 1 Tsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- Mix Sriracha sauce with tofu .Air fry it on 370 f for 4-5 minute,or till they look crispy.If you want to deep fry go ahead and do it .Keep it aside.
- Take a deep pan .
- Add oil to it .
- Add onion and fry it for 1 minute.
- Add Mushroom and fry it till they look golden then add garlic to it . Again fry for 1/2 a minute.
- Add rest of the vegetables and just leave the peppers aside.
- Cover and cook for 2 minute . Vegetables will be done by this time .
- Add peppers ,peanut butter ,tamarind paste/lime juice to it .
- Mix it properly .
- Add red curry paste and mix it again. Cook for around 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk to it and mix it properly.
- Add one cup of water to it .
- Add salt after tasting the gravy .
- Add Tofu to it.
- Let it boil covered for 2-3 minute.
- Taste it and adjust the seasoning .
- Add green cilantro leaves for freshness.
- Serve it along some white rice ,Cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Enjoy your Veg Massaman Curry.