Crispy, crunchy, and spicy, these buffalo broccoli bites are small dynamites of flavor. Super easy to prepare, this broccoli appetizer is a crowd-pleasing fun food. This side dish is kid-approved and is always the center of attention on the party table. This dish is also vegan, as well as air fryer and oven friendly.
Do you love broccoli? I am sure you do. Here, I have to make a confession; initially, I didn't like broccoli. The first time I tasted it, I thought its taste was nothing like other vegetables in the family, like cauliflower. However, I liked the beautiful colour and firm texture.
Time has changed, and now I am a big broccoli lover. I experiment with broccoli so much and love every part of it. Broccoli is loved by everyone in my family and sometimes, I make sure that we are having something on the table made of this gorgeous looking vegetable.
How to Make These Buffalo Broccoli Bites-
First, we will separate all the florets of broccoli. You will notice that a few florets are small, some are big and one or two florets are giant. I like to keep them natural but if you are very particular about it, like my husband, you can keep all of them in the same size. Believe me, I like to a little imperfect while cooking. A little imperfection here and there makes life more beautiful. Relaxing with a glass of wine and some music, with an appetizer cooking away in the air fryer. Life is good, isn't it?
Next, place the buffalo sauce in one bowl and panko bread crumbs and garlic powder in another bowl. First, dip broccoli florets into the buffalo sauce and then into the panko mixture. Air fry them at 400 f for 3-4 minutes on each side. Your super crispy buffalo broccoli bites are ready to enjoy. If you do not own an air fryer, make this in your oven with a convection setting at 450 f. Making in the oven is so convenient during large gatherings and get-togethers.
Why Have I Made the Drizzling of Sauce on the Outer Layer Optional?
If you have kids... you totally understand it. For people who have not experienced the chaos in their home, let me explain it to you. These sauce drenched appetizers taste really awesome, but the next day, when your laundry pile has doubled and a bottle of Clorox is necessary, you will be exhausted. Sometimes, after washing your face you can still feel the burning sensation in your eyes if you touch them. So no more that risk. How cool is that?
You May Also Want to Check Out These Other Broccoli Recipes-
Buffalo Broccoli Bites
- 10-12 Florets Broccoli(medium small)
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
For Buffalo sauce
- ½ Cup Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
Making of buffalo sauce
- Take a pan .
- Add oil and heat it .
- Add ketchup and hot sauce to it .Let it cook for one minute.
- Mix corn starch with water and let it cook for another minute.
- Stir it once and cool it down after removing from gas stove.
Making of buffalo broccoli
- Take a broccoli floret .Dip it into the buffalo sauce .Dip it again in the panko bread crumb.Repeat the process with each of the broccoli.Keep them aside on a wire rack.
- Preheat the air fryer on 400 f.
- Brush the base of air fryer with a few drops of oil .
- Air fry broccoli florets on 400 f for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remember your time can vary depending on your broccolisize .
- Please do not over crowd the air fryer .
- Alternatively you can do it in a pre heated oven at 450 ffor 12-13 minutes.Turn them in between and do it on a wire rack for added crisp effect .
- Enjoy witha dip of your choice.