Sharing is caring!!
Air Fried Cauliflower Manchurian. This dish involves crispy, crunchy cauliflower florets dunked into a spicy and flavorful Manchurian sauce. In addition, this guilt-free Indo-Chinese dish can be served dry as an appetizer and as an entree with a sauce. This dish is vegan, super easy to make, finger-licking delicious, and, most importantly, kid-approved.
What is Cauliflower Manchurian/Gobhi Manchurian?
This is an Indo-Chinese dish and is quite popular in India. Traditionally, parboiled cauliflower florets are coated in cornstarch and a few spices. Then, they are deep-fried and tossed into a flavourful Manchurian sauce. This dish tastes fantastic with plain white rice or fried rice.
Why Did I Do Air Fried Gobhi Manchurian?
Nowadays, people are more inclined towards healthy or un-fried food. At home, we are trying to cut deep-fried items. Therefore, I do not pass up a chance to use the air fryer. It helps so much with healthy cooking.
Also, if you love cooking delicious recipes, this dish is for you. It's guilt-free and yummy. Additionally, most ingredients are readily available in your fridge and pantry. It's easy and effortless to make. So, try making this for your dinner today! Trust me; you will make it again and again.
What is the Texture of Air-Fried Cauliflower?
The texture of cornstarch or rice flour-coated cauliflower is super crispy. This crispness comes without any guilt of having deep-fried food. On the other hand, it has a melt-in-the-mouth texture on the inside. Some people may find the taste and texture of deep-fried food more appealing. However, I prefer air-fried over them any day.
Our family loves Indo-Chinese food. For example, Veg Hakka Noodles and Veg Fried Rice are some of our super favorites to serve with Gobhi Manchurian. I also love to make Veg Balls in Hot Garlic Sauce to satiate our taste buds.
How to Make Cauliflower Manchurian-
Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for a concise amount of time. The idea is to get them half-cooked. Then, coat them with cornstarch /rice flour mixed with all-purpose flour and spices(Sometimes, in remote areas, you do not get corn starch, hence mixing all-purpose flour with rice flour gives you a perfect corn starch-type crispy outer layer). Then, deep-fry, bake, or air fry them. I have air-fried them here.
These crispy air-fried cauliflower florets are tossed into a spicy, sweet, and flavorful Manchurian sauce. The sauce gives a glossy finish to crispy air-fried cauliflower florets. Then, depending on the individual's choice, it can be kept as a dry appetizer /snack or a little saucy for that hot fried rice. Either way, it's yummy and worth trying.
What to Serve With Air-Fried Cauliflower Manchurian-
If you are making dry Cauliflower Manchurian, serve this as an appetizer. White rice, fried rice, or Hakka noodles are mostly served with Cauliflower Manchurian.
Air Fried Cauliflower Manchurian
- 8 Big Cauliflower Florets
- 4 Tbsp Corn starch
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- Water for boiling cauliflower florets.
- 1 Tsp Oil for brushing/Oil spray
For Manchurian Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Green Chili (Optional)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onion
- ¼ Cup Cilantro leaves
- ½ Cup Colred peppers or green peppers
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Water (if making the gravy ) Do not add if you are making dry manchurian .
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
- ½ Cup Chopped big pieces of onion
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil/oil of your choice
- Take a pan and boil water .Add pinch of salt to it .
- Boil cauliflower florets till they fifty percent o/ half done.Remember we need firm florets.
- Remove them on a paper towel and dry them with another.
- Sprinkle one tbsp of corn starch on the florets.
- Mix the other 3 tbsp of corn starch with 1.5 tbsp of water ,garlic powder ,pinch of salt and red chili powder. Coat the florets with this corn starch wet mix .Do it with the help of your fingers .This will be your second coating (1st is dry sprinkling of cornflour).Place all florets on the wire rack for the time being.
- Pre Heat air fryer on 370 f for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer with a spray oil..
- Place all the eight cauliflower florets in air fryer basket..
- Spray them with spray oil .
- Air fry cauliflower florets on 370 f for 7 minutes each side by turning them around .
- That will take around 14 minutes for florets to cook . You time can increase or decrease depending on the size of your florets. I have kept mine big and natural.
- Remove them after they are all crisp and golden .
How to make Sauce
- Take a wok /Pan.
- Add oil to it.
- Heat it and add chopped garlic,ginger and green chili to it .
- Saute for 30 second and add chopped peppers ,green onion,onion and chopped cilantro leaves.
- Mix all the sauces and stir them in the pan /wok after adding.
- If making dry manchurian add crispy cauliflower at this point of time .
- Add salt and sugar and finish it off with sprinkling of some green onion garnish .
- If making Manchurian gravy do not add cauliflower instead add corn starch,salt and sugar mix water to the sauce.
- Let it cook for 1 minute on high flame ortill it thickens and looks glossy.
- Now add crispy cauliflower florets to it .
- Coat cauliflower florets with sauce properly Garnish with green onion and serve..