I love rain, and guess what? I woke up to this amazing weather, and while having my coffee, I thought I would make something special for a mid-week lunch. Normally people associate crispy, crunchy pakora with rain, but for a change I thought of a popular dish which normally is made with chicken or shrimp.
I chose to make Bang Bang Cauliflower, a vegetarian take on the classic non-vegetarian dish. I have used whatever was available in my pantry or fridge and modified the recipe according to recent times when we don't have the luxury to visit the supermarket for just one ingredient.
These are just great for an appetizer or snack, and if you combine with some tacos, they will become a wonderful dinner.
Why Should You Try this Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower?
They are not only crispy and addictive, but they are a favourite among kids. My daughter who is quite the picky eater loved these so much she finished the whole plate. These are the perfect snack for a fun evening with friends and family and go well with drinks.
Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower
- For Cauliflower Coating .
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumb
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil /Any oil of your choice.
- ½ Large Size Cauliflower (Florets cut into medium bite size pieces)
- For Marinade
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ Cup All purpose flour
- ½ Cup Yoghurt+¼ cup water(if you don't have curd at home you can use just a/3 cup of milk ,make sure the mixture doesn't look very runny.)For Vegan alternative use coconut yoghurt /Almond yoghurt /Almond Milk.
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder,salt -1 teaspoon.
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- For Bang Bang Sauce
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise(I used veg)You can use anything vegan or vegan alternative or eat with some other dip)
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce(if you dont have replace with 1 tsp of brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Hoisin sauce
- For Panko Coating
- Place a pan on the gas stove .
- Add oil to it . When its hot enough add Panko bread crumbs to it .
- Toast it until they are golden brown .
- Keep it aside in a plate.
- Baking of Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 375 f.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk all the above ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
- Add Cauliflower pieces to it and evenly coat it with the the batter.
- Drain excess batter from the cauliflower and coat them with panko bread crumbs .
- Bake these florets on 375 f for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and keep it aside.
- Making of Bang Bang Sauce
- Mix every thing written under sauce .
- Keep it aside in a dip serving bowl.
- Drizzle it over Cauliflower or serve it in a bowl. (I prefer serving in a bowl )
- For Air Fried Cauliflower.
- Air fry marinated and coated Cauliflower on 370 for 14-15 minutes. Turn them around once or twice .Check in between ,so that they don't burn .They may take little/more time depending on your air fryers size and strength.