Sharing is caring!!!
Instant pot Broccoli Cheese soup. Panera bread inspired this broccoli cheese soup, a super delicious and comforting one-pot soup.
It's smooth, creamy, cheesy, and hearty. Busy weekdays or lazy weekends both call for some of this soup.
It takes under 20 minutes to prepare this soup in an instant pot, and doesn't take many ingredients.
Soups are bliss for busy days, and especially in the winter when days are gloomy and nights are cold, they are such a comfort bowl.
I have not met anyone who has not liked a warm bowl of soup. Given a chance, I would have soup every day for dinner the whole winter. They are such a comforting dish to have.
Why Do We love this soup?
This soup is kid-friendly. Kids love soup, and they will drool over it if it is cheesy. I love this soup because it's a dump-and-go soup. Anything made in the instant pot is super fun and easy.
I love that we don't have to watch over the pot; this soup can be done in under 20 minutes. Prep to bowl. It's delicious, fun to taste, and super easy.
- White Bean, Farro Soup
- Hara Bhara Kebab
- Gatte Ki Sabzi /How to make Rajasthani Gatte ki Sabzi
- Air Fryer Aloo Parwal
- Air Fryer Italian Green Beans with Tomato
What Ingredients are used in this soup?
Broccoli- Using fresh, super green broccoli is advisable in this recipe. I have not made this recipe with frozen broccoli, so I know the taste.
I always believe that fresh ingredients elevate the taste of any dish.
Cheddar Cheese- I used a block of sharp cheddar cheese. I grated that cheese by myself for better quality cheese. Sometimes, pre-shredded cheese does not have the best quality, but if you do not have any other options, you can use that.
Heavy Cream/Half and half I prefer heavy cream for that creamy texture and thickness, but that will also work if you have half and half in your fridge.
Garlic-Garlic makes everything delicious.
Carrots- shredded or finely chopped carrots. You can use pre-shredded carrots as well to save some time.
Butter-Unsalted butter since we are using cheese in this soup.
Onion- onion of your choice, finely chopped.
Broth- I have used vegetable broth for this recipe.
Salt, Pepper, red pepper flakes
The thickness of the soup depends on the personal liking of many people. If you like thick Soup, reduce the quantity of vegetable broth in your recipe.
If you love pretty cheesy soups, add more cheese to this recipe.
This soup is chunkier in texture; blend everything to make a creamier soup. That will give you more creamy soup.
What sides can we serve with this soup?
I love to serve any baguette or rustic bread with this soup. My Vine Ripe Cherry Tomato ,Basil Pesto and Rosemary Focaccia work great with any soup.
Can I make this soup on the stovetop?
Absolutely. You can make this soup on the stovetop. Cooking time will be longer; however, the method will be the same for this recipe.
Stir in between and use slow/medium flame to cook this soup.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli
- ½ Cup Grated Carrot
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Chedder Cheese
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ½ Small Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1.5 Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Water (optional)
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Crushed black pepper
- Salt, according to the taste
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Switch on the Instant pot and turn on the saute button.
- When it displays hot ,add butter and chopped garlic to it .
- Saute till it turns golden and releases a lovely aroma.Add all the other vegetables and seasoning.Stir to combine well.
- Add in broth and water and stir once.
- Close the lid and turn the vent to seal in position.
- Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes and do the quick release to let out the pressure.
- Stir in the shredded cheese ,cream/half and half.
- Mix corn starch with water and stir in the soup. Stir to make the soup lump- free.
- Stir and cook till it's fully incorporated into the soup.
- Check the seasoning ,if needed add it now.
- If its thick for your liking add little bit of water .
- Serve immediately with breadsticks or croutons of your choice.Enjoy!!