Instant pot Broccoli Cheese soup. Panera bread inspired this broccoli cheese soup and it is a super delicious and comforting one-pot soup.
It's smooth, creamy, cheesy, and hearty. Busy weekdays or lazy weekends, both call for some of this soup.
It takes under 20 minutes to prepare this soup in an instant pot and it doesn't take many ingredients to do so.
Soups are bliss for busy days and especially in the winter when days are gloomy and nights are cold, they are such a comfort bowl.
I have not met a single person who has not liked a warm bowl of soup. Given a chance, I would have soup every day for dinner the whole winter. They are such a comforting dish to have.
Why Do We love this soup?
This soup is kid-friendly. Kids love soup and if that soup is cheesy they will drool over it. I love this soup because it's a dump and go soup. Anything made in the instant pot is super fun and easy.
I love how we don't have to watch over the pot and this soup is done in under 20 minutes. Prep to bowl. It's delicious, fun to taste, and super easy.
- Easy Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Lentil Salad With Green Beans & Peppers
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries/Chili Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Potato & Sweet Corn Fritters
- Spicy Thai Basil Tofu/Pad Krapow
What Ingredients are used in this soup?
Broccoli- Using fresh super green broccoli is advisable in this recipe. I have not made this recipe with frozen broccoli so have an idea about the taste.
I always believe that fresh ingredients elevate the taste of any dish.
Cheddar Cheese- I used a block of sharp cheddar cheese. I grated that cheese by myself for better quality cheese. Sometimes pre-shredded cheese does not have the best quality but if you do not have any other options, you can use that.
Heavy Cream/Half and half- I prefer to use heavy cream for that creamy texture and thickness but in case you have half and half in your fridge, that will also work.
Garlic-Garlic makes everything delicious.
Carrots-Shredded or finely chopped carrots. You can use pre-shredded carrots as well to save some time.
Butter-Unsalted butter since we are using cheese in this soup.
Onion-Any onion of your choice, finely chopped.
Broth-I have used vegetable broth for this recipe.
Salt, Pepper, red pepper flakes
The thickness of soup depends on the personal liking of many people. If you like thick soup reduce the quantity of vegetable broth in your recipe.
If you love quite cheesy soups, add a little bit more cheese to this recipe.
This soup is chunkier in texture, if you want to make creamier soup then blend everything together. That will give you more creamy soup.
What sides can we serve with this soup?
I love to serve any type of baguette or rustic bread with this soup. My Vine Ripe Cherry Tomato ,Basil Pesto and Rosemary Focaccia work great with any type of soup.
Can I make this soup on stove top?
Absolutely. You can definitely make this soup on the stovetop. Cooking time will be longer however the method will be the same for this recipe.
Stir in between and use slow/medium flame to cook this soup.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli
- ½ Cup Grated Carrot
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Chedder Cheese
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ½ Small Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Corn flour
- 1.5 Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Water (optional)
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Crushed black pepper
- Salt, according to the taste
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Switch on the Instant pot and turn on the saute button.
- When it displays hot ,add butter and chopped garlic to it .
- Saute till it turns golden and releases a lovely aroma.Add all the other vegetables and seasoning.Stir to combine well.
- Add in broth and water and stir once.
- Close the lid and turn the vent to seal in position.
- Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes and do the quick release to let out the pressure.
- Stir in the shredded cheese ,cream/half and half.
- Mix corn starch with water and stir in the soup. Stir to make the soup lump- free.
- Stir and cook till it's fully incorporated into the soup.
- Check the seasoning ,if needed add it now.
- If its thick for your liking add little bit of water .
- Serve immediately with breadsticks or croutons of your choice.Enjoy!!