Who doesn't like a warm slice of moist, gooey Banana Bread on a stormy afternoon? If you are like me, you will make sure that you relish each and every bite with a sip of black coffee. Baked desserts are mine and my kids' weakness.
After Mother's Day, I have not baked anything at all and today, when I saw ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter, I thought I would use them in this much loved version of banana bread. I have used whole wheat flour, raw coconut palm sugar, and canola oil to make this cake. All the ingredients used above give this banana bread a rich brown color and make this cake look amazing.
This recipe has been adapted originally by http://www.lazycatkitchen.com. I have changed a few of the ingredients and quantities according to my need and taste.
Eggless Whole wheat Banana Bread
- 1.5 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder(optional)
- ⅓ Cup + 2 Tsp Milk
- ¼ Cup Canola oil
- 1.5 Cups Mashed ripe banana
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Coconut Sugar/Brown sugar/white sugar
- For Garnish
- 1 Banana Cut in lengthwise.(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a bread tin with parchment paper.You can also butter it .
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. I use whisk for this and its really handy . If you don't have use Fork.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together as well.For this you will definately need a big fork or whisk .
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.Don't overmix otherwise your cake will not rise .
- Transfer the cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Decorate it with banana pieces .Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of it ,if you want a nice caramel.
- Don't press banana pieces down ,its not necessary as batter will rise around it .
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes or till your tooth pick comes out clean. Brush the top of the cake with maple Syrup,till it is still warm(optional) you can use honey as well . If you don't want don't add .
- Let the Cake cool down completely before removing it from the tin and slicing.I know its difficult to resist but for a pictures sake you have to be really patient.
- Enjoy your big slice of banana bread with a cup of coffee /milk.