Sharing is Caring!!!!
An easy 20-minute recipe for Veg Lo Mein. This recipe is delicious, better than takeout, and uses simple ingredients. It's suitable for beginner cooks and is vegan-friendly.
When my daughter was five/six years old, she loved this restaurant's lo mein. We had to go there at least once a week to get those. Since they did not have a kid's portion for the lo mein, I used to share with her. It was the most delicious lo mein I have ever had. The noodles were slurpy, saucy, and delicious, with crunchy vegetables. Unfortunately, we moved from the city, and our rendezvous with lo mein ended.
She didn't like any restaurants in the city, so I started making it at home to make her feel better. It took me some time to reach the level of that restaurant, but now I can say that she prefers mine over any restaurant and takeout, and that's the best compliment.
I love this homemade lo mein since it is much healthier than takeout. This dish is my savior on busy weekdays and nights. My favorite thing is that it's my clean-the-fridge kind of meal. Sometimes I have a carrot, a few snap peas, and a half pepper lying in the fridge.
Before going shopping, I prefer to make this meal, which utilizes lots of vegetables. Sometimes I make Veg Fried Rice, and sometimes Veg Thai Panang Curry. This Veg Lo Mein is among my favorites. Loaded with colorful, crunchy vegetables, this is so good and comforting.
What Types of Noodles Can Be Used in the Making of Lo Mein?
You can buy dry or fresh lo mein noodles from the store. I use any of these according to my mood. Many times, I use spaghetti noodles to make this lo mein as well. Folks, this lockdown and pandemic taught me everything about using our resources. And spaghetti noodles work perfectly in this recipe. To make this healthy, use whole wheat spaghetti or chickpea flour spaghetti.
What Vegetables Can Be Used in Making Veg Lo mein?
Any vegetable, according to your choice. I prefer bell peppers, broccoli, carrots- whatever I can find in my fridge. No need to buy anything special for this recipe. Just throw everything you have in the wok after chopping, and throw in some noodles and sauce and your lo mein is ready to enjoy.
You May Want To Check these Noodles recipe,
Veg Lo Mein
- 8 OZ Lo Mein Noodles/Spaghetti
- 1 Cup Mixed Colored peppers
- ½ Cup Small broccoli Florets
- ⅓ Cup Carrot Sticks
- ⅓ Cup Sugar snap Peas
- 4 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Schezwan sauce/Red Chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce/Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Seasame oil
- ½ Cup Green onion
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt(for boiling the noodles and a pinch for using in vegetable mix)
- 1 Tsp Avocado oil or oil of your choice.
- Boil Noodles till they are 80 percent done .Drain the water .Spread them in a big plate and sprinkle some oil and mix to prevent sticking.
- Chop all the vegetables and Keep them aside.
- Mix both types of soy sauce ,schezwan sauce/red chilli sauce,brown sugar and sesame oil together .Keep it on the counter .Chop /Mince Garlic and green onion.
- Take a wok /Pan .Heat it .Add ½ tsp of oil to it .When its hot enough add all the vegetables in it .Start by adding hard vegetables like carrot ,and then broccoli ,peppers ,snaps peas .Add a pinch of salt to it .Do not use more then a pinch .Saute it for 1-2 minute till you feel they are according to your liking .Time depends on personal taste.Some people prefer crunchy some prefer little soft .I like mine crunchy so it took me 1 minute on high flame .Remove them in a plate.
- Heat the wok again.Add ½ tsp of oil to it .
- Add garlic and saute for 30 second .When it looks brown ,add sauce mix to it .stir it .
- Add boiled /cooked noodles to it .Mix it nicely with a tong.Add all the vegetables and mix it nicely .
- Serve warm /hot .Enjoy.
Rich, hearty, and comforting, this white bean Farro soup is a super easy-to-make one-pot dish. It doesn't need too many ingredients and comes in under 30 minutes. Crusty bread and fresh salad are the perfect pairing for it to go. It's a crowd-pleaser and perfect for fall/winter days. Diwali is over, and we are ready…
It is one of the most popular vegetarian kebabs in the Indian food scene. Spinach, green peas, potato, and Chickpea flour are infused with fragrant spices and aromatic herbs to create this delicious kebab. Slightly crispy from the outside and with melt-in-mouth texture from the inside, this kebab is a total show stealer. This vegetarian…
Sharing is caring!!! Step-by-step fail-proof recipe for making Rajasthani Gatte Ki Sabzi /Gatte Ki Sabzi. Soft, airy chickpea flour dumpling /besan gatta is cooked in spicy, tangy yogurt gravy. This dish is super flavorful and delicious. This traditional Rajasthani recipe is quite a popular crowd-pleasing dish. Gatte ki sabzi is a traditional Rajasthani vegetarian recipe…
Sharing is caring!!! Air Fryer Aloo Parwal/Parwal ki Sabji. Easy 20-minute Aloo Parwal. Sliced potato and Parwal are mixed with a few spices and a little oil and cooked in an air fryer till they look crispy, crunchy, and delicious. This dish is vegan and plant-based side. What is Parwal? Parwal, or pointed gourd, is…
Sharing is caring!! Easy and delicious side of Italian Green Beans with Tomato and parmesan. Crispy, crunchy with the most juicy bite of tomatoes and creaminess of parmesan makes this a beautiful showstopper side. Easy and can be prepared in twenty minutes. This lovely side needs only a few ingredients. Green beans are our family…
Sharing is caring!!! It's one of the most droolsome potato appetizer recipes. This Achari aloo tikka is packed with many flavors and is easy to make. Crowd pleaser, kid approved, and you can serve them in many forms.Ideal for a party, picnic, and meal plan. This Air Fryer Achari Aloo Tikka is made in an…