Sharing is Caring!!!!
An easy 20-minute recipe for Veg Lo Mein. This recipe is delicious, better than takeout, and uses simple ingredients. It's suitable for beginner cooks and is vegan-friendly.
When my daughter was five/six years old, she loved this restaurant's lo mein. We had to go there at least once a week to get those. Since they did not have a kid's portion for the lo mein, I used to share with her. It was the most delicious lo mein I have ever had. The noodles were slurpy, saucy, and delicious, with crunchy vegetables. Unfortunately, we moved from the city, and our rendezvous with lo mein ended.
She didn't like any restaurants in the city, so I started making it at home to make her feel better. It took me some time to reach the level of that restaurant, but now I can say that she prefers mine over any restaurant and takeout, and that's the best compliment.
I love this homemade lo mein since it is much healthier than takeout. This dish is my savior on busy weekdays and nights. My favorite thing is that it's my clean-the-fridge kind of meal. Sometimes I have a carrot, a few snap peas, and a half pepper lying in the fridge.
Before going shopping, I prefer to make this meal, which utilizes lots of vegetables. Sometimes I make Veg Fried Rice, and sometimes Veg Thai Panang Curry. This Veg Lo Mein is among my favorites. Loaded with colorful, crunchy vegetables, this is so good and comforting.
What Types of Noodles Can Be Used in the Making of Lo Mein?
You can buy dry or fresh lo mein noodles from the store. I use any of these according to my mood. Many times, I use spaghetti noodles to make this lo mein as well. Folks, this lockdown and pandemic taught me everything about using our resources. And spaghetti noodles work perfectly in this recipe. To make this healthy, use whole wheat spaghetti or chickpea flour spaghetti.
What Vegetables Can Be Used in Making Veg Lo mein?
Any vegetable, according to your choice. I prefer bell peppers, broccoli, carrots- whatever I can find in my fridge. No need to buy anything special for this recipe. Just throw everything you have in the wok after chopping, and throw in some noodles and sauce and your lo mein is ready to enjoy.
You May Want To Check these Noodles recipe,
Veg Lo Mein
- 8 OZ Lo Mein Noodles/Spaghetti
- 1 Cup Mixed Colored peppers
- ½ Cup Small broccoli Florets
- ⅓ Cup Carrot Sticks
- ⅓ Cup Sugar snap Peas
- 4 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Schezwan sauce/Red Chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce/Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Seasame oil
- ½ Cup Green onion
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt(for boiling the noodles and a pinch for using in vegetable mix)
- 1 Tsp Avocado oil or oil of your choice.
- Boil Noodles till they are 80 percent done .Drain the water .Spread them in a big plate and sprinkle some oil and mix to prevent sticking.
- Chop all the vegetables and Keep them aside.
- Mix both types of soy sauce ,schezwan sauce/red chilli sauce,brown sugar and sesame oil together .Keep it on the counter .Chop /Mince Garlic and green onion.
- Take a wok /Pan .Heat it .Add ½ tsp of oil to it .When its hot enough add all the vegetables in it .Start by adding hard vegetables like carrot ,and then broccoli ,peppers ,snaps peas .Add a pinch of salt to it .Do not use more then a pinch .Saute it for 1-2 minute till you feel they are according to your liking .Time depends on personal taste.Some people prefer crunchy some prefer little soft .I like mine crunchy so it took me 1 minute on high flame .Remove them in a plate.
- Heat the wok again.Add ½ tsp of oil to it .
- Add garlic and saute for 30 second .When it looks brown ,add sauce mix to it .stir it .
- Add boiled /cooked noodles to it .Mix it nicely with a tong.Add all the vegetables and mix it nicely .
- Serve warm /hot .Enjoy.
Sharing is caring!!! Dal Bukhara is an iconic dal dish from the kitchens of ITC BUKHARA in New Delhi. Black urad dal is simmered throughout the night on low flame to get that smooth velvety consistency. It's creamy, melts in the mouth, and is heavenly. One of the most famous north Indian dishes of all…
Sharing is caring!!! Vegan Udon Noodle Soup.Fragrant, comforting, and delicious with a hint of spice. This Vegan Udon Noodle Soup is one pot soup. It's filling, hearty and perfect for any time. If you love Asian flavors, this noodle soup should be in your weekly meal plan. How is the taste? This noodle soup is…
Sharing is caring!!! Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheese Poppers. Fresh jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese blend with a bit of garlic flavor and topped with panko bread crumbs. They are air fried for a few minutes to have delicious Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheese Poppers. Perfect finger food for any get-together, these air…
Sharing is Caring!! Vegan Thai Drunken Noodles or Pad kee mao, as in Thai, are the perfect chew rice noodles coated with the most delicious sauce. This vegan version of pad kee mao is bursting with flavors of crispy tofu, Thai chilies, green onion, and savory, sweet sauce. These Vegan Thai drunken Noodles(pad kee mao)are…
Healthy, nourishing, and delicious, this vegetable tortellini soup is so comforting. Combined with cheesy spinach tortellini and a wonderful medley of carrot, Zucchini, spinach, onion, and garlic, this soup provides much-needed warmth. Have you ever tried this vegetable tortellini soup? If not, folks, you are missing out on something so flavorful and fun. Why do…
Cherry tomatoes and olive oil roasted in an air fryer with garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, and salt. This air fryer tomato garlic confit is heavenly. Caramelized garlic-flavored olive oil tastes heavenly, and this confit tastes best when served over a crusty baguette or bread. This air fryer tomato garlic confit is best for…