Sharing is caring!!
The vegan version of chicken noodle soup. This chickpea noodle soup is filling, nourishing, and super comforting. Feeding a crowd is super easy with this one-pot vegan soup. Hearty and flavorful, this soup is kid-approved.
We are officially in soup season. We all know how comforting it is to sit in front of the fireplace in super cold months and relish a warm bowl of soup sounds.
I love all types of soups. I enjoy making different types of soup, which is comforting and super easy to make as a one-pot meal.
Just throw in some aromatics, herbs, vegetables, and chickpeas. Saute them and cook them in an instant pot or a pot on the stovetop.
Busy weekdays or lazy weekends call for this soup. It's very light yet filling and a great combination of protein, vitamins, and carbs. Chickpeas fulfill the protein requirement for your body. A variety of chickpeas and whole wheat organic pasta keeps you full for a long time.
What Ingredients are Needed for this Soup-
Chickpeas- Canned chickpeas work best; however, if you are inclined to use dry chickpeas, soak them overnight and boil them al dente before cooking the soup.
Noodles/Pasta- Any of these will work. Use your favorite noodle or pasta.
Tomato Puree- Any good quality one will give a better taste.
Onion- White or yellow onion works best since it has a natural sweetness.
Garlic- Tons of garlic to enhance the flavor.
Red Pepper Flakes-
Crushed Black Pepper
How Can You Serve this Chickpea Noodle Soup?
Since it has pasta and vegetables, there is no need to serve anything with it. Still, if you want, you can help garlic breadsticks with it.
You May Also Be Interested in Checking Out Other Soup Recipes-
Veg Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 13 Oz Can Chickpea
- 1 Cup Any Pasta Of your choice
- ½ Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 2 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1 Celery, chopped
- 4-5 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter or any vegan butter
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 6 Cup Vegetable Stock /Broth
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 Bay leaves
How to Cook in an instant Pot
- Turn on the instant pot and switch on the saute button.
- When it displays hot, add olive oil/butter to it.
- Add garlic and onion to the pot and saute till they look golden and transparent.
- Furthermore add celery, carrots, green beans, and cherry tomato to the soup.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chickpeas, pasta, vegetable broth and tomato puree to the instant pot and stir it.
- Season the soup with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add Italian seasoning at this point.
- Cover the lid and turn the valve to seal in position.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally.
- Remove the lid once it's without pressure. Taste the seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. (optional)
Leave a Reply