Fiery, spicy, crispy, and full of flavour, these potatoes are super delicious sides to have on a dinner table or just as a fun snack. They are easy to make, super addictive and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. In addition, these vegan and kid-approved potatoes can be eaten with any type of creamy dip, sauce, or just like that. In total, this air-fried firecracker potato is a 20-minute recipe.
Are you a potato lover? Well, my family is and for this reason, I don't miss a chance to make something out of potatoes. Today, in this recipe, I am combining both my love for the air fryer and potatoes, and the result was super fun and delicious.
What Are Firecracker Potatoes?
Firecracker potatoes are a type of curried, spicy potato wedges. It is quite different from the usual potato wedges. Indian spices and a few aromatics like ginger and garlic give an amazing authentic Indian flavour. It's spicy to taste and when served with creamy dip makes a great side dish.
Why Air Fried Potato?
An air fryer is one of the best appliances of all time. Since I am using an air fryer for quite a few of my meals, this recipe was natural. Potatoes are loved by almost everyone but deep-fried potatoes are not appreciated all the time. Hence air-fried potatoes are made to devour.
Oven-baked potatoes can be made in large quantity but the process requires lots of time. Firecracker potatoes are perfect for an air fryer because in less time and almost with no oil these potatoes come out perfectly crispy and drool-worthy. It's a perfectly Indianised version of potato wedges and if you love flavours of curry then you will certainly love this recipe.
Ingredients needed for Firecracker Potatoes,
Potatoes- I prefer Yukon gold potatoes because they hold their shape very well and taste nice. Here we are using fork-tender boiled potatoes. Indian spices go deep within the boiled potatoes to give that spicy firecracker taste.
Red Chili Powder- I prefer using Kashmiri red chilli powder for less spice and gorgeous colour. However, you can use any chilli powder, paprika or cayenne, in case you don't have one.
Turmeric Powder- No Indian recipe is complete without it.
Ginger Garlic Paste- Grind an equal amount of ginger and garlic to make a fine paste. It can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Oil- A little bit of oil to help the spice stick to the potatoes.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Other Air Fryer Recipes-
Air Fried Firecracker Potato
- 4 Medium Yukon gold potato, fork tender, so that they can hold the shape.
- 1.5 Tbsp Red chili powder(You can reduce the quantity)
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Oil of your choice. (You can skip )
- 1 Tbsp Green onion for garnish
- Slice par boiled/fork tender boiled potatoes into two parts and then in each part cut 3 slices. Slices should be thick wedges. Make slices according to your potatoes.
- Take a big bowl and add all the spices to potatoes. If using oil, use that to to mix nicely.
- Preheat air fryer at 380 f for 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange in air fryer on the top grill basket. Do not over-crowd them.
- Air fryer them at 380 f till they look crispy to your liking.
- It will take around 6-7 minutes. Depending on your potato size, your time can reduce or increase.
- Garnish them with green onions and sesame seeds and serve with a dip of your choice.