Sharing is caring!!!
This Gnocchi Tomato Soup is easy, creamy, and delicious. A comforting bowl of Gnocchi soup is hearty and nutritious because of these pillowy dumplings, and the best part is that since the recipe uses coconut milk, it is vegan!
Tomato Soup is our family favorite. The creamy goodness of this soup soaked with bread is our ultimate comfort meal. For a long time, I have used it to make it creamy by using heavy cream.
A few years back, having a tomato coconut milk soup in a restaurant changed my perspective forever. It was delicious, and the texture was dreamy. I replicated the recipe at home, and believe me, it was even better.
This time, when making the soup, I added Gnocchi to make it a satisfying meal. On cold winter nights, having this warm bowl is comforting in itself. This is a soup that everyone in the family loves. The kids love it even more.
What Ingredients are needed for Gnocchi Tomato soup?
- Gnocchi-I have used Dried Store-bought Gnocchi. You can use dry or fresh, but do not use homemade ones. They break in the soup and make it messy.
- Tomato -I have used Crushed tomato with juice. Use any good quality tomato.
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Coconut Milk
- Vegetable stock/Water
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown Sugar
How to make the Gnocchi Tomato Soup?
Take a pan/dutch pan. Add oil to it and heat it properly. When it is hot enough, add chopped shallots and chopped garlic to it. When it starts to get brown, add crushed tomato to it
. Let it cook on a low, medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Sauteing will give these tomatoes a wonderful flavor. Add Vegetable stock to it. If you like your soup to be smooth, use a hand blender(if you are using chunky tomatoes).
Add gnocchi to the pot and cook on the low flame for 5-6 minutes. The soup will start to thicken as soon as it starts getting cooked. Add coconut milk to it and let it cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to it.
Add a little bit of salt and pepper to it. Taste it, and add some brown sugar if the soup tastes sour. Increase or decrease the thickness according to your taste. Your Gnocchi tomato soup is ready to serve.
You May Want To Check My Other Gnocchi and Pasta Recipes.
Gnocchi Tomato Soup
- 1 Packet Dry Potato Gnocchi
- 16 Oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Veg Stock /Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Shallots
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper crushed
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt according to the taste
- ½ Tsp Italian Seasoning.
- Heat a pan .Add oil to it .
- When oil is hot enough add chopped shallots and garlic to it .Saute on medium /low flame .When it looks light brown add crushed tomato to it .Cook it on medium/low flame for 3-4 minute.
- Add water /vegetable stock to it .Cook for around 1 minute.Add gnocchi and all the seasoning to soup.Let it cook on low flame for 4-5 minute.Soup will thicken as soon as gnocchi starts to cook.
- Add coconut milk and stir it .Taste the seasoning .If you need to add something add now.Gnocchi Tomato Soup Is ready to enjoy.