This Gnocchi Tomato Soup is easy, creamy, and delicious. A comforting bowl of Gnocchi soup is hearty and nutritious because of these pillowy dumplings and the best part is that since the recipe uses coconut milk, it is vegan!
Tomato Soup is our family favourite. The creamy goodness of this soup soaked with bread is the ultimate comfort meal for us. For a long time, I have used it to make it creamy by using heavy cream.
A few years back having a tomato coconut milk soup in a restaurant changed my perspective forever. It was really delicious and the texture was absolutely dreamy. I replicated the recipe at home and believe me it was even better.
This time when I was making the soup I added Gnocchi to make it a satisfying meal. On cold winter nights having this warm bowl is comforting in itself. This is a soup which is loved by everyone in the family. The kids love it even more.
What Ingredients are needed for Gnocchi Tomato soup?
- Gnocchi-I have used Dried Store bought Gnocchi .You can use dry or fresh both but do not use home made ones.They break in the soup and make it messy.
- Tomato -I have used Crushed tomato with juice .Use any type of good quality tomato .
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Coconut Milk
- Vegetable stock/Water
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown Sugar
How to make the Gnocchi Tomato Soup?
Take a pan/dutch pan. Add oil to it and heat it properly. When it is hot enough add chopped shallots and chopped garlic to it. When it starts to get brown add crushed tomato to it
. Let it cook on a low medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Sauteing will give these tomatoes a wonderful flavour. Add Vegetable stock to it. If you like your soup to be really smooth use a hand blender(if you are using chunky tomatoes).
Add gnocchi to the pot, let it cook on the low flame for 5-6 minutes. The soup will start to thicken as soon as it starts getting cooked. Add coconut milk to it and let it cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to it.
Add a little bit of salt and pepper to it. Taste it and if the soup tastes sour add a little bit of brown sugar to it. Increase or decrease the thickness according to your taste. Your Gnocchi tomato soup is ready to serve.
You May Want To Check My other Gnocchi and Pasta Recipes.
Gnocchi Tomato Soup
- 1 Packet Dry Potato Gnocchi
- 16 Oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Veg Stock /Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Shallots
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper crushed
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt according to the taste
- ½ Tsp Italian Seasoning.
- Heat a pan .Add oil to it .
- When oil is hot enough add chopped shallots and garlic to it .Saute on medium /low flame .When it looks light brown add crushed tomato to it .Cook it on medium/low flame for 3-4 minute.
- Add water /vegetable stock to it .Cook for around 1 minute.Add gnocchi and all the seasoning to soup.Let it cook on low flame for 4-5 minute.Soup will thicken as soon as gnocchi starts to cook.
- Add coconut milk and stir it .Taste the seasoning .If you need to add something add now.Gnocchi Tomato Soup Is ready to enjoy.