Sharing is caring!!!!
Mushroom Peas Curry. Simple, flavorful, and it can be prepared in minutes. This mushroom peas curry is one of the delicious North Indian curries that use mushrooms. It can easily be converted into a vegan and gluten-free dish, and this curry goes well with any grain or bread.
If you have visited any Indian restaurants, Mushroom Peas Curry is not unknown to you. It's just a fantastic curry with a finger-licking taste. Mushroom Curry is often considered a delicacy for vegetarians. Let me tell you, I love to create simple recipes hence the creamy Mushroom Peas Curry.
Indian households and curries are just synonyms of each other. While I love to make simple, easy-to-make, flavorful curries, my husband makes rich, laden with dry fruits and ghee, party-worthy dishes. Both have their time and place, and I believe kids have all the fun tasting different cuisines and recipes.
Mushroom Peas Curry is one of those recipes which always comes in handy at the last minute. Super quick to make, this gravy is one of my favorites to make for get-togethers and parties. It does not involve many ingredients, and if you have mushrooms in your fridge, you can easily make this with your pantry and fridge staple.
What Ingredients are needed for this curry?
Mushroom-Button mushroom is best-suitable for this recipe; however, you can always use Baby Bella.
Green Peas-Frozen green peas are my preferable peas in this recipe. If you are using fresh peas, boil them in salted water till they are cooked (still have a bite left, not mushy ).
Onion- I always use red onion for my curries.
Tomato-My love for wine-ripe tomatoes is increasing day by day. Roma tomato fans, pardon me.
Ginger Garlic Paste-This is the base for any Indian curry. You cannot beat the taste of freshly ground ginger garlic paste; for people who are new to curry, ginger garlic paste can be made by grinding an equal amount of ginger and garlic. Do not make it watery by using too much water. Use a sufficient amount to make a smooth thick puree. You can store any extra paste in the fridge. Store in an air-tight container.
Red chili powder/Paprika-That is optional.
Garam Masala Powder
Coconut milk /Heavy Cream /Half and half
Avocado Oil-2 Tbsp
Dry Fenugreek Leaves/Kasoori Methi
Dry Red Chili
What can we serve with the curry?
I love to serve any flavored rice, such as ,
You can also serve Indian breads like ,
Mushroom Peas Curry
- 8 Oz Button Mushroom chopped each into 4 parts.
- ½ Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato,chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Small one inch cinnamon stick
- 1 Star Anise
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Small bayleaf
- ¼ Cup Thick Coconut Milk/half and half/Heavy Cream
- Salt according to the taste.
- 1 Tbsp Dry Fenugreek leaves
- 2 Dry Red Chili
- Clean mushroom with wet paper towel however if they are really dirty wash them under running tap water.
- Chop each mushroom into 4 pieces. If they are really small chop them into two pieces.
- Chop onion, tomato. Make ginger garlic paste.
- Take pan. Add 1 tbsp of oil to it. Saute chopped mushroom till they look caramalized.
- Put them on a plate.
- Add one tbsp of oil to the pan again.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick,dry red chili and star anise to it.
- Add chopped onion to it. Saute for 1 minute till it looks transparent. Keep the flame medium.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Now you need to add coriander powder ,turmeric powder and red chili powder to the pan . Stir it once and add chopped tomato to it . Add salt(according to your taste) to it and cook it on low flame .
- After cooking for 2-3 minutes you will notice that it is becoming more like a soft spice mix .
- Add tomato puree and 1 tbsp of water now and mix properly.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes and add frozen green peas to it.
- Furthermore add sauteed mushroom and mix well .
- Mix 1 cup of water and ½ cup of cream /coconut milk or half and half to it .
- If it looks too thick add ½ cup of more water to it .
- Mix garam masala powder and fenugreek powder to it .
- Taste the salt if needed mix it now.Enjoy with any bread or grain of your taste .