I have tried celebrity chef Kunal Kapur's recipe and thought it was pretty cool.
A type of Indian flat bread which is quite light in texture.
- 2 Cups All purpose flour/Maida
- 4 Tbsp Curd/yogurt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Water for kneading the dough
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Onion seeds/Kalongi
- Butter to smear.
- Mix all purpose flour ,Curd,Baking powder,Baking soda ,salt and melted butter.
- Knead it like a soft dough .Dont use too much water.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes make small dough balls of the same size.
- Roll the dough balls into a circle or oblong shape.
- Place some nigella seeds and Cilantro leaf on it .
- Place rolled kulcha on the hot griddle/Tawa.Sprinkle some water all around the sides and cover it with a lid.
- Flip it onto the other side and cook till golden brown .
- After its done serve it with Matar chaat or any other side of your choice.