My kids love anything Italian, and prefer homemade dishes. It has happened so many times that we have taken them to various good restaurants but other then a few things they didn’t like anything over there and came home cribbing.
In the last few years at home, we have never used store bought sauce. I always make Marinara sauce, Basil pesto, Cheese sauce and Alfredo sauce. Most of the time I make sauce and freeze it in separate small size containers. These frozen sauce containers are life-savers and they make school lunch making and dinner a welcome breeze.
Alfredo Sauce takes very little time to make and tastes amazing when made fresh. I use a vegetarian recipe. I have been using this recipe for at least 5 -6 years now and I can say that it never broke my trust. It’s a keeper in any kitchen and that why I thought, why not share this recipe with you?
- 12 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1.5 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 Minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp dry basil
- 1 Tsp Red pepper flakes.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp Italian Parsley
- Take a big Pot .Fill it with enough water to boil the Fettuccine pasta.
- Heat water over high heat until boiling.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of salt to it.
- Drop the Fettuccine pasta and boil till they are all dente.Al dente is a Italian term which means till it has a bite .
- Strain the Pasta and keep it aside.
- I will suggest to keep 1/2 cup of pasta water to keep aside. We will use it later.
- Take a large skillet /Pan .
- Heat the pan.
- Add butter to it .Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute .
- Add all purpose flour and mix it with butter and fry for one minute.
- Add heavy cream to it and cook for 12 minutes .When the sauce start to thicken add cheese to it.
- Add all the seasoning and half of the pasta water to it .
- Add pasta and mix it really well . Using tongs to move the pasta around is really useful.
- If it looks really thick then add more water to it .
- Add a pinch of salt if you think tit needs after tasting.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if you have.
- Serve it hot .