Easy to make, this delicious gnocchi dish is the perfect comfort food for any occasion. Creamy, sweet, peppery, and tangy, this sauce makes this pasta dish a delight to have. In addition, this roasted red pepper gnocchi is a one-pot meal and kid-approved.
If you are a regular on my blog you must be knowing that I love gnocchi. Yes, I love how filling and delicious this potato pasta is. On weekdays when I look forward to an easy comforting dinner this one-pot gnocchi always comes to my rescue.
Gnocchi is a dry potato pasta that you can find in any grocery store in the pasta aisle. It's simple and really easy to cook. I love the velvety melt-in-the-mouth texture of the gnocchi. If you have not tried it yet, I will definitely insist on doing so.
I love making different recipes of gnocchi and the fall and winter months are awesome to experiment with those warm flavors. Sometimes I make Creamy Vegetable Gnocchi Soup or Spinach & Broccoli Gnocchi in Garlic Cream Sauce.
Gnocchi Tomato Soup is one of the most delicious pasta soups you can have. Soups are a lifesaver in the fall months and after a long day of work, I always prefer to get cozy on the couch with a warm bowl of pasta.
What Type of Sauce Are You Using in This Recipe?
I'm using a wonderfully flavored sauce made of roasted red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, and fresh basil leaves. Roasting in fruity olive oil makes this sauce extra flavorful. Later on, depending on your diet preferences, you can use cream or vegan cheese to make this cheesy.
Personally, I do not like to use cream in this recipe, however, for my kids, I use a little bit, just to give it a creamy touch. I prefer mine without anything. Believe me, the sauce itself has a robust flavor and you do not need anything with that.
Roasted Red Pepper Gnocchi
- 500 Gm Dry Potato Gnocchi
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomato /Any tomato
- 2 Whole Roasted red peppers
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cups Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black pepper
- ¼ Cup Cashew cream or any heavy cream of your choice.
- Cook gnocchi according to the package instruction. Keep it aside. Save ½ cup of water.
- Heat a pan. Add oil to it.
- Add garlic to it and saute for 30 seconds.
- Furthermore add cherry tomatoes, roasted red pepper, and basil to the pan.
- Saute on medium flame till it looks a little caramelized. Add a little bit of salt and crushed peppers to the pan.
- Remove these into a grinder or blender and make a smooth sauce out of it. Use ½ cup of pasta water to make it nice and smooth.
- Put the sauce back in the pan and mix gnocchi with it. At this time add ¼ cup of cashew cream or any heavy cream of your choice (totally optional).
- Mix well and make sure the gnocchi are coated with velvety tomato pepper sauce. Add red pepper flakes and serve.