Mostly on Tuesdays, I prepare pasta for lunch. The kids love it and I always have some spare time to do extra work in the middle of the week. A win win situation for all of us. Mostly, they like to have Pesto Pasta , Fettuccine Alfredo or Baked stuffed shell pasta.
Yesterday, I was in no mood to prepare all those, so I thought I should make something which is typically Indian in flavor. Here I present to you my Makhani Sauce Pasta.
What is Makhani Sauce ?
It is one of the most famous Indian sauces. This sauce is prepared by using tomato, onion, ginger, garlic, cashews, and a few spices. Cream and butter are also used for making this. This curry sauce is creamy, luscious, and tastes delectable.
Can I Prepare Pasta in Instant Pot?
Absolutely. You can prepare pasta in an Instant Pot without boiling. Just add sauce, pasta and pressure cook for 5-6 minutes. Your pasta will be ready in a few minutes.
How to Make Makhani Sauce Pasta-
First, boil the pasta in salted water. Adding salt in the water is really important to make pasta delicious otherwise it will feel bland.
Then, in a pan, we will saute onion, ginger, garlic, tomato, cashews, coriander powder, garam masala powder, kashmiri chilli powder, and turmeric powder. We will saute till they look cooked and the oil is released.
The third step is to grind the masala paste to make it very smooth.
Mix Masala Paste, boiled pasta, Cream, and a few red pepper flakes. Taste it and adjust the seasoning. Your Makhani Sauce Pasta is ready.
Makhani Sauce Pasta
- 3 Cup Pasta
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Avocado oil /Olive Oil
For Makhani Sauce
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 Big Tomato(chopped) if you want to use canned ones use 2 8oz cans.
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil(Olive oil or Avocado oil will work perfectly.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup Cream(Optional)For vegan option use coconut milk.
- fresh Cilantro for garnish.
- Take a big pot for boiling the pasta .Fill it with sufficient water .Add salt to it .
- Boil pasta till al dente. It means it should have a bite .If you want softer pasta go ahead .
- Drain the pasta ,but reserve one cup of pasta water.
- Take a pan .Heat it .Add oil and butter to it.
- Now add onion and saute it .After 1 minute add ginger, garlic ,cashews and saute for 2-3 minute till they look cooked.
- Add all the spices to it and saute for 2 minute.
- Add tomato puree or chopped tomato .Saute it for 1-2 minutes till they look mushy and cooked.
- Grind this spice mix in to a puree. Keep it aside.
- Now take the same pan again .Add butter .Heat it .
- Add pureed sauce and cream to it . Stir on low flame. Add pasta to it .Mix it nicely.
- Add red pepper flakes and check the seasoning .If you need to add more add ,if its salty then add little bit of cream.
- If consistency is thin for your taste ,cook it little more ,if its thick add just a little bit of pasta water.
- Garnish with Cilantro leaves and serve .I am sure you will enjoy this Indian Version of Pasta.