Easy, delicious, and creamy gnocchi with tangy sundried tomatoes and refreshing basil. It's comforting and the ideal dinner for winter nights or busy week days. Additionally, it only takes around 20 minutes to prepare with easily available ingredients. It's so much fun to make, and is lip-smacking good.
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi are soft pillow like pasta dumplings made of potato dough, and are creamy and delicious. My family loves gnocchi in any form, and this dish is the saviour of my busy days and lazy nights. As a mother of two, I always keep them in my pantry. I also love freshly made gnocchi by my husband, but short cuts in the kitchen are always welcome.
Have you ever tried gnocchi? I am telling you, since I tried it for the first time 12 years ago, I have been hooked. It is one of my favourite pastas, and I love experimenting with gnocchi recipes.
What Ingredients are Needed for this Recipe?
Gnocchi- My husband makes fabulous gnocchi at home, but this time I used store bought Gnocchi. It's a wonderful short cut for making meals in a very short span of time.
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto-Store-bought works fine here. I buy small jars and always buy sundried tomato dipped in lots of oil.
Heavy Whipping Cream or Vegan Milk for a Vegan Alternative- Heavy whipping cream provides a creamy, delish flavour to the sauce.
For a vegan alternative, use any vegan dairy.
Basil- I love fresh basil, but you can use basil paste as well.
Garlic- I love the taste of garlic in a sundried tomato pesto.
Red Pepper Flakes- I love using them, but this is totally optional.
Olive Oil- Use it according to your choice- if you like, you can use butter as well.
Salt- Sea salt works great for any type of pasta.
You May Want To Check Out These Pasta Recipes As Well-
Gnocchi With Sundried Tomato Pesto with Basil.
- 1 Pack Gnocchi(17 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 Tsp Basil paste/Fresh basil leaves(4-6)
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream /Any Vegan Dairy
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Butter/Vegan Butter(Optional)
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Crushed Black Pepper (according to the taste)
- Salt for boiling the gnocchi and using it in the sauce.
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.add little salt to this water.Cook gnocchi according to the package instruction.Drain all the water and keep gnocchi aside in a plate.
- Take a pan .Add olive oil to it .If using butter ,add butter to it.
- Add garlic to it .Saute it on low /medium flame ,till the aroma of garlic makes the oil garlicky.
- Add pesto to it .Saute it for 30 second and add red pepper flakes, basil and heavy cream /vegan dairy to it.
- Stir it till the sauce thickens.
- Add cooked gnocchi to it .Mix very little salt(according to your taste)and pepper to it.
- Mix it properly and cook it for 1 minute.
- If its thick for your liking add little pasta water to it .
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.