Air Fried Zucchini Fries- crispy, crunchy and super delicious, these zero oil fries are bursting with flavours. Perfect for munching at any time, these zucchini fries are super easy and quick to make. In addition, they are vegan and healthy.
With kids at home, we are running out of ideas for snacks or appetizers. Forget kids, sometimes we adults need different snacks. If that snack is zero oil and air-fried then it's amazing, and totally a win-win situation, isn't it?
These zucchini fries are so good that you will not even notice that you are eating zucchini.
Vegetable lovers will love this recipe and moms you will be happy to know that kids will happily munch on this. You can serve them as an appetizer for any get-together or dinner party.
Why Air Fried Zucchini Fries?
They are easy, simple, and quite healthy in comparison to deep-fried potato fries. Furthermore, they don't need any preparation in advance and are really flavourful. Making them is so easy and this dish is kid-approved!
What Ingredients Are Needed for These Air Fried Zucchini Fries?
Zucchini- Use fresh young zucchini for this recipe. They are perfect for this recipe because they are firm and small. Big ones with a lot of water content will not work in this recipe.
Panko Bread Crumbs- The amazing crispy texture comes from the panko bread coating. Bread crumbs will not work perfectly in this recipe as it gives a much softer outer layer. I will insist on using panko bread crumbs only.
Almond Milk/Whole Milk- They are used in making the vegan/ vegetarian coating instead of egg.
All-Purpose Flour/Whole Wheat Flour
Buffalo Wing Sauce-This is a surprise element in our recipe. I have used this in my recipe to get that perfect spice. The bland taste of zucchini really needs something to pop the flavour.
Crushed Black Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
You May Want To Check Out These Other Air Fried Recipes --
Air Fried Spicy Zucchini FrIes
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Cup Almond Milk/Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- ⅛ Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt(For both the wet mixture and dry mixture.
- Wash Zucchini properly and dry it off with a paper towel.
- Cut zucchini into long sticks .I halved it then cut lengthwise.
- Make the wet batter by combining flour ,almond milk /whole milk and buffalo sauce.
- Add a pinch of salt to it .Whisk it to make a lump free batter. If you think its slight thick add a tbsp of milk to make it of proper consistency.
- Mix panko bread crumbs with all the seasoning .
- Pre Heat air fryer on 400 F.
- Dip zucchini sticks first into wet mixture then in the dry mixture.
- Brush the air fryer rack with some oil.
- Place zucchini on the wire rack.Do not over crowd it .
- Air fry zucchini at 400 F for 4-5 minute .Turn them in between .
- Your time can vary a little depending on the size of zucchini stick.
- Remove from the air fryer .
- Serve with any dip of your choice.