Crispy from the outside and tender from the inside, these air fryer sweet potato fries are super flavorful and a perfect snack or appetizer to have. They are just delicious as a side or as a plate full to munch on.
They are a low-calorie alternative to potato fries. Making them in an air fryer makes them more healthy. If you have not tried them, I will insist on making them.
I love all types of fries and let me tell you, making them in the air fryer is super fun every time. Even my kids make them perfectly. Air fryers can be handled by kids, and making fries in the air fryer is super easy compared to cooking them on a stovetop.
How to Make Them-
First, start with washing the sweet potato. I like to use medium-size sweet potatoes for my fries. Too big or too small sweet potatoes are not ideal to make fries.
Peel the sweet potato after washing and drying them. Sweet potato skin is quite thick and I don't think they taste great with the skin on fries like potatoes.
The next step is to cut them into long thin strips. Remember, the crispiness of your fries depends on the thickness of the fries. Try to cut them around ¼ inch of thickness, if you want super crisp edges. I prefer slightly thick fries with tender insides and crispy edges.
Coat them with all the seasoning and a little bit of oil. You can always make these fries without oil. Make sure that each piece is coated with seasoning. Uneven seasoning makes bad-tasting fries.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for a minute or two. Line the sweet potato fries in one even layer. Do not overcrowd them. If you have a small air fryer, make them in two batches.
Air fry them at 380 F for around 12 -14 minutes. Flipping them midway ensures an even cooking. Your time can vary slightly depending on the thickness of your fries and the size of your air fryer.
I will suggest checking on them after 10 minutes and crisping them according to your taste.
Delicious Sweet Potato Fries are ready to munch on with your choice of dip or sauce. Enjoy with your friends or family.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries/Chili Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 Medium Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Paprika or Cayene Pepper
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Wash the sweet potatoes and peel them. Cut them length-wise.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 f for a minute or two.
- Coat fries with olive oil and all the seasoning. Make sure they are coated evenly.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are in one layer so that they have plenty of room.
- Cook the fries for 5-6 minutes and flip them with the help of a tong or fork.
- Cook them again for 5-6 minutes or till they look crispy to your liking.
- Serve them with a dip or sauce of your choice.