Spinach Corn Sandwiches are filled with a creamy spinach, corn mixture and grilled to perfection. This spinach corn sandwich is dreamy, cheesy, easy and totally delicious.
ThisSpinach Corn sandwich is our family favourite. I love how it's so easy to feed a few vegetables to the kids. They are so comforting and yummy that after making this once, you will make it again and again.
This is great for breakfast, snacks, or lunch boxes. Simple and delicious, this sandwich is filling and kid-approved. I also love how this can be easily converted into a vegan meal.
Can You Prepare the Filling in Advance?
Absolutely. It's really convenient and handy if you have filling ready in the fridge. Just stuff some in between two slices of bread, and grill it perfectly. Then, serve it with any side of your choice. In addition, you can keep the filling ready in the fridge for 2-3 days. That way, making a spinach corn sandwich is really easy.
How Do You Prepare the Filling?
Making the filling for a spinach corn sandwich is really simple. Firstly, wash spinach well and chop them finely. Then, take a pan and add oil/butter. Add chopped garlic and saute them till they look light brown. It will take 30 seconds. Now, add flour to it. Stir it to roast it. Add spinach and corn at this time and saute them. Then, when the spinach looks wilted and the corn is cooked, add a little bit of salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
After that, add heavy cream, milk or almond milk. Cook till it looks creamy and delicious. Then, taste the seasoning and remove it onto a plate or bowl if you are making it. Otherwise, store it in an airtight container if you are preparing it in advance.
What Can You Pair This Sandwich With?
You can pair them with Air fried Spicy Potato Wedges, Air -Fried Tandoori Potatoes, and also Tandoori Mushroom Tikka. I love them with a cup of hot coffee as well, however tea lovers would love these with a hot cuppa for sure.
Spinach Corn Sandwich
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose flour/Whole Wheat flour
- ½ Cup Almond Milk/Whole Milk/Heavy Cream
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper flakes(optional)
- ⅛ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup Any shredded vegan /mozarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil/ Vegan Butter of your choice
- 8 Slices Whole Grain Bread /Any bread of your choice.
- Wash spinach and chop it finely .
- I have used canned corn for this recipe so added directly if you are using fresh corn or frozen corn please boil it .
- Take a pan .
- Add butter /oil to it. Add chopped garlic and saute it till it looks golden brown . .
- Add flour to the butter and saute it till it looks roasted.
- Add spinach and corn and saute till the spinach looks wilted.
- Add red pepper flakes,crushed black pepper and little bit of salt .
- Add heavy cream or whole milk /almond milk to this Add cheese if you want to add..Let it cook for some time . Once it thickens switch off the flame .
- Cool it to room temp.
- Stuff it between two slices of bread.Use butter /oil to make grilled cheese.
- Serve with any side of your choice.