Air Fried Eggplant Fries. Crispy air fried eggplant fries are quick vegan appetizers or snacks. In addition, they are a fantastic change from the usual potato fries. They are a match made in heaven with marinara sauce. Furthermore, you can serve these as a side to pasta, salad, or any sandwich.
Do you love eggplant? I just love the meaty texture of eggplant. Texture plays a big role in how we like dishes and how satisfying it is. With panko bread crumbs and air frying, the eggplant sticks have become quite crispy and delicious.
What Ingredients are Required for Making Eggplant Fries?
Eggplant- Eggplant is the hero of the dish. Let me tell you an old trick for choosing the best eggplant at a store or farm stand. Look for a shiny eggplant, and take it in your palm. If it feels weightless and light then it means it doesn't have many seeds inside. It also means that it is fresh and young. Hence, it is perfect for the recipe.
Panko Bread Crumbs- Only panko bread crumbs will work in this recipe.
Almond Milk/Whole Milk- For a vegan alternative, use almond milk instead of normal whole milk.
All-Purpose Flour- If you do not want to use all-purpose flour add whole wheat flour to this.
Red Pepper Flakes
Black Pepper Flakes
How to Make Eggplant Fries-
Firstly, wash the eggplant and dry it off with a paper towel. Then, cut the eggplant into long strips. Keep it aside. Take one bowl. Add all-purpose flour, milk, garlic powder, and a little bit of salt to it. Whisk it with a whisker to make a lump-free batter. It should be the consistency of crepe batter.
Then, take a plate/bowl. Mix panko bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and a little bit of salt to it. Mix everything together with a fork and spoon. After that pre-heat the air fryer at 400 f for 3-4 minutes. Dip the eggplant sticks into the wet batter first and then coat with the panko bread crumbs seasoning mix. Keep the prepared sticks on a wire rack.
Air fry the breaded eggplant sticks at 400 f for 5-6 minutes. Turn it around once to make it crispy from all sides. Do not overcrowd your air fryer. This recipe is for 12-14 sticks or ½ of a big eggplant. Hence, I did it in two batches. However, your time can vary depending on your air fryer so check in between.
You May Want to Check Out These Air Fryer Recipes As Well-
And, Air Fried Sesame Crusted Paneer
Air Fried Eggplant Fries
- 10-12 Eggplant Sticks (Cut half the eggplant .
- ½ Cup All purpose Flour
- ½+2 Cup+Tbsp Almond Milk/Whole Milk
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper flakes
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- A Pinch of Salt
- Wash eggplant .Dry it off and make long sticks of it .
- Whisk all purpose flour ,milk ,garlic powder, salt. Whisk it nicely to make a lump free batter.
- In another bowl or plate mix panko bread crumbs ,red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
- Dip eggplant sticks in wet batter and then coat it with panko crumbs.
- Pre- heat air fryer to 400 f on 3-4 minute.
- Arrange breaded eggplant sticks in the air fryer.
- Air fry on 400 f for 5-6 minute or till they look golden crispy .Turn them around in between .
- Serve with a sauce ,dip or ketchup.
Leave a Reply