Sharing is caring!!!
Super healthy and easy to make, this Veg Thai Fried Rice is a perfect one-pot meal on busy weekdays or lazy weekends. Lots of colorful and crunchy veggies are stir-fried with rice and fragrant sauces. Its an ideal for a weekly meal plan or lunch boxes.Vegan and gluten-free.
I always love making one-pot meals, and since Asian flavors are a house favorite, I make lots of fried rice and noodles. That's why this Veg Thai Fried Rice is my favorite. Have you ever tried my Broccoli Fried Rice or Vegan Thai Basil Fried Rice? They are super delicious and easy-to-make rice recipes. If you do not want crunchy vegetables, make this simple and easy Schezwan Fried Rice.
Ingredients needed for Veg Thai fried rice,
Rice- Traditionally, it's always Jasmine rice for Asian fried rice, but Using brown rice and basmati rice is lovely. Depending on the availability of rice in my pantry, I usually make it with basmati rice.
Vegetables of your choice-carrots, green beans, broccoli. Mushrooms, green onion, and lots of colored peppers are some of my choices.
Aromatics-No Asian dish is complete without a flavor combo of ginger, garlic, and some Thai chilies. I have added some fresh crunchy onion as well.
Sauce Mix-I have combined dark soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, and Sesame oil to make a perfect umami fried rice sauce.
Salt, crushed black pepper, roasted cashews, fresh basil leaves, and lemon juice are needed to finish the dish perfectly.
You can use any cooking oil. These days I prefer using avocado or grapefruit oil for this health reasons.
How to cook rice for Veg Thai Fried Rice?
Cook rice according to the package instruction. If you are using jasmine rice or basmati rice, it won't take much time. However, brown rice takes a little bit much time.
Using cold rice is always preferred when we make any fried rice. Use leftover rice or make it in advance. Cold rice mixes well with vegetables and sauce. It doesn't break and gives the perfect texture.
Can we add different types of protein to the Veg Thai Fried Rice?
Tofu- You can combine crumbles of sauteed tofu or Air Fryer Crispy Tofu with this veg Thai fried rice. Tofu is the perfect vegan protein; adding them to the rice will make that complete meal.
Additionally, you can add paneer, egg, chicken, or any fish or shrimp to make this fried rice.
You May want to check my other popular Asian recipes,
Vegan Thai Drunken Noodles(Pad Kee Mao)
Veg Thai Fried Rice
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice/Basmati rice ,cooked and cooled to room temp.
- 2 Cups Mixed Vegetable of your choice(cut into medium chunks)
- 1 medium Diced Onion
- 4 Big Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- ⅓ Cups Sliced Mushroom
- 4 Fresh Thai Red Chillies sliced
- 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Sriracha sauce(you can increase or decrease according to your taste.)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and black pepper according to the taste.
- ⅓ Cups Roasted Cashews
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Cook the rice aacording to the package instruction. Use cold /leftover rice for better texture. Take a wok or pan .
- Add oil to it . Heat it on high flame .
- Add onion and saute till it looks translucent .
- Add mushroom and fry it till it looks golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic to it . Saute it garlic caramalizes .
- First add all the vegetables which take time to cook like carrot ,beans and ten add rest of the vegetables.
- Saute till it looks cooked but still feel crunchy in texture. It will take around 2-3 minute.
- Add all the sauce and mix it by combining everything together.
- Now add rice to it and mix well.
- Add cashews ,basil leaves and cilantro leaves to the rice.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on it .
- Taste the seasoning and if you want to add some salt or soy sauce you can do it .
- Notes-Sesame oil has very strong flavour ,if you don't want to use it don't use.Do not use more then suggested quantity either . Same with Basil leaves . They have strong flavour too.
- Your Vegan thai fried rice is ready to serve.
Leave a Reply