Veg Thai Fried Rice
Crunchy Vegetables and rice seasoned with umami flavours.
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice/Basmati rice ,cooked and cooled to room temp.
- 2 Cups Mixed Vegetable of your choice(cut into medium chunks)
- 1 medium Diced Onion
- 4 Big Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- ⅓ Cups Sliced Mushroom
- 4 Fresh Thai Red Chillies sliced
- 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Sriracha sauce(you can increase or decrease according to your taste.)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and black pepper according to the taste.
- ⅓ Cups Roasted Cashews
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Canola oil
- Take a wok.
- Add oil to it . Heat it on high flame .
- Add onion and saute till it looks translucent .
- Add mushroom and fry it till it looks golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic to it . Saute it garlic caramalizes .
- First add all the vegetables which take time to cook like carrot ,beans and ten add rest of the vegetables.
- Saute till it lloks cooke but still feel crunchy in texture. It will take around 2-3 minute.
- Add all the sauce and mix it by combining everything together.
- Now add rice to it and mix well.
- Add cashews ,basil leaves and cilantro leaves to the rice.
- Sprinkle lemon juice to it .
- Taste the seasoning and if you want to add some salt or soy sauce you can do it .
- Notes-Sesame oil has very strong flavour ,if you don't want to use it don't use.Do not use more then suggested quantity either . Same with Basil leaves . They have strong flavour too.
- Your Vegan thai fried rice is ready to serve.